RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #155
Senior Member
 
Dale & Mark Bruss's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,627
When put our Ace La-Z-Boy dual recliner loveseat in the Bounder, the boss would not allow the lambrequins to be shortened. So we installed 3/4" plywood panels covered with carpet so the loveseat could stick over the edge of the slide floor. and be far enough from the lambrequins to allow the recline. We didn't want the loveseat to hang on the edge of the slide.

The only attachment of the loveseat was to wrap the seat selts around the frame and a couple of electrical conduit clamps.

It does get a little tight to get to the bathroom when the slide is in but we do get through.
Photos
__________________

__________________
Dale & Mark Bruss
12 Years Full-Timing Now with a 2016 Bounder 33C
40' Travel Supreme winter residence
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #156
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBauer View Post
Wife and I were camping this weekend and got rained in.. Decided to watch a move on "the couch".. Made it about 60 minutes and we were both complaining of our behinds HURTING! Wife said, we need to get that replacement couch ASAP!

We have a long trip planed to Niagara this September and want to get it switched before then.

So, we are next! Just ordered our Pinnacle Sofa - Wayfair has them in stock! Lazy boy said 6-8wks...

I have read through everything and have a couple of questions:

1. You (SarahW) mentioned that you did not bolt down your sofa - has that changed? Has it stayed put in your travels?

2. The window treatments need to be shortened?? I did not see anyone's photos and was wondering if there were any tricks to share regarding that exercise?? We bought new and this is our first interior mod (added Banks power, and I did ran some cables for satellite / cable)..

Regards
Hello there. I know you will love your new sofa. We have not bolted down the sofa and have had no problem with movement. The seatbelts could be used to secure the sofa but we haven't done that, either. (Do not use the seatbelts as seatbelts unless the sofa is bolted down. )

Here is a thread about the lambriquins. Removing window valance/lambriquins? You might prefer to just remove them completely. It's not difficult to shorten them but it is time consuming. Good luck and I'll be waiting on the photos!!
__________________

__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #157
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Sofa miscellaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBauer View Post
Wife and I were camping this weekend and got rained in.. Decided to watch a move on "the couch".. Made it about 60 minutes and we were both complaining of our behinds HURTING! Wife said, we need to get that replacement couch ASAP!

We have a long trip planed to Niagara this September and want to get it switched before then.

So, we are next! Just ordered our Pinnacle Sofa - Wayfair has them in stock! Lazy boy said 6-8wks...

I have read through everything and have a couple of questions:

1. You (SarahW) mentioned that you did not bolt down your sofa - has that changed? Has it stayed put in your travels?

2. The window treatments need to be shortened?? I did not see anyone's photos and was wondering if there were any tricks to share regarding that exercise?? We bought new and this is our first interior mod (added Banks power, and I did ran some cables for satellite / cable)..

Regards
We screwed a 5/8" ply board to the floor under the sofa and then fitted 8 single leg saddle clamps over the sofa perimeter frame to hold it in place. As the sofa frame extended over the edge of slide floor this gives full support to the frame.
The ply board was about 5' x 2' for our Best brand love seat.

To hide the cables behind the sofa we got a 4" x 4" PVC square tube from Home Depot and cut it to match the length between the nightstand and the back of the booth seat. We cut 2" out of one face so it looked like a square cornered "C" section, this was laid down on the floor, against the wall, with the open face down and we pushed all the cables up into the tube to tidy them. We did have to make a cut on what was the back face where some of the cables go out through the floor/wall joint. Before we put the tube in place we painted it to match the carpet and it looks great and completely hides the cables.

We left the seat belt anchor points where they are and fed the belts between the seat and back cushions, then purchased belt extenders (like on aircraft) and all works well.

Have fun with your project.
houstonkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #158
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Thanks; I think I can see some screws on the strut. It appears that the awning arm is right beside the door on the hinge side, so we will have to be very careful to not let the door or the awning get damaged.

I don't believe there is any way this stupid L-shaped sofa will go through the window, either. I'm afraid it will be as Cliff said... Sawsall time. I'm so frustrated right now, I really would like to take Mr. Chainsaw out there and get busy.
I want to swap out mine for theater. So your are saying the curved section is too big to be removed
Through the door and will have to be cut in two pieces (Distroyed) to get it out the door. How about the other sections? Thanks.
alexand46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #159
Senior Member
 
Ernie Ekberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Weatherford, Tx 76086 USA
Posts: 1,583
Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Boys- all the furniture in an rv will come apart. ya just gotta look for the nuts and bolts.
I do this all the time. I know
__________________
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand46 View Post
I want to swap out mine for theater. So your are saying the curved section is too big to be removed
Through the door and will have to be cut in two pieces (Distroyed) to get it out the door. How about the other sections? Thanks.
The corner will come out through the door but it is a lot of work. I sold mine but it was too many staples and a number of hours of work on a hot FL summer day. You have to take the panel off the back of the corner piece. The details are somewhere in this thread as SarahW's husband did it as I read first and also did it. I did mine about 2 1/2 years ago so you may need to look back a ways.
__________________
'16 Bounder 35K - 5 Star Tune, Roadmaster RSSA, CHF F/R, TST-507 TPMS Dish Wally Winegard RoadTrip WeBoost 4G-M WifiRanger EliteAC 960w Solar TS-MPPT-60 600AH Lithium GBS Cells
'16 Ford Focus "Auto" Titanium, Blue Ox Avail towbar and baseplate, RViBrake2
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #161
Junior Member
 
DonBauer's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 8
Send a message via Skype™ to DonBauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hello there. I know you will love your new sofa. We have not bolted down the sofa and have had no problem with movement. The seatbelts could be used to secure the sofa but we haven't done that, either. (Do not use the seatbelts as seatbelts unless the sofa is bolted down. )

Here is a thread about the lambriquins. Removing window valance/lambriquins? You might prefer to just remove them completely. It's not difficult to shorten them but it is time consuming. Good luck and I'll be waiting on the photos!!
Couch is in, lambrequins have been shortened and all is back together.. I can't begin to express my gratitude for all of the instructions and assistance with our couch mod. Thanks everyone! It was not easy, but we survived and it looks great, and more importantly, it is SUPER comfortable. We have a long (10 day) trip planned at the end of the month and cannot wait to try it in the field.

Someone mentioned that they sold their old couch?? How / Where did you do that?[moderator edit]

Best Regards

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180728_102748.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	213999   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180728_103305.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	214000  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180728_103838.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	214001   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180728_105029.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	214002  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180803_132553.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	214005   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180803_172401.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	214007  

__________________
Don & Erin
2014 Bounder 35k
2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible
DonBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
AFfiredawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBauer View Post
Couch is in, lambrequins have been shortened and all is back together.. I can't begin to express my gratitude for all of the instructions and assistance with our couch mod. Thanks everyone! It was not easy, but we survived and it looks great, and more importantly, it is SUPER comfortable. We have a long (10 day) trip planned at the end of the month and cannot wait to try it in the field.

Someone mentioned that they sold their old couch?? How / Where did you do that?[moderator edit]

Best Regards

Don


There is a classified section on the irv2 website. I sold mine through craigslist. You could also use the Facebook marketplace.
__________________
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K, 30th Anniversary Edition w/ 2016 Ford Chassis
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Firecracker Red
AFfiredawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #163
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBauer View Post
Couch is in, lambrequins have been shortened and all is back together.. I can't begin to express my gratitude for all of the instructions and assistance with our couch mod. Thanks everyone! It was not easy, but we survived and it looks great, and more importantly, it is SUPER comfortable. We have a long (10 day) trip planned at the end of the month and cannot wait to try it in the field.

Someone mentioned that they sold their old couch?? How / Where did you do that?[moderator edit]

Best Regards

Don
Outstanding! Looks great and I know you'll enjoy it.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #164
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
There is a classified section on the irv2 website. I sold mine through craigslist. You could also use the Facebook marketplace.
Ditto for CL. I listed it on irv2 also but did not have any takers that were near by. Tampa CL was awesome for me selling everything when I downsized also. FB is also very good.
__________________
'16 Bounder 35K - 5 Star Tune, Roadmaster RSSA, CHF F/R, TST-507 TPMS Dish Wally Winegard RoadTrip WeBoost 4G-M WifiRanger EliteAC 960w Solar TS-MPPT-60 600AH Lithium GBS Cells
'16 Ford Focus "Auto" Titanium, Blue Ox Avail towbar and baseplate, RViBrake2
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #165
ksw
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
Hi Sarah W. This is ksw. I am terrible about e-mail and postings. You asked for pics of our new recliners that replaced the couch. I have no idea how to paste a picture. But will try. Well I have no idea how to do this. Copy and paste is not working. But the recliners are a definite hit. We met some people this past week and they are getting some. I will have to have my son give me a lesson on this website and how to attach a picture. And sorry it has taken me so long to answer.
ksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #166
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksw View Post
Hi Sarah W. This is ksw. I am terrible about e-mail and postings. You asked for pics of our new recliners that replaced the couch. I have no idea how to paste a picture. But will try. Well I have no idea how to do this. Copy and paste is not working. But the recliners are a definite hit. We met some people this past week and they are getting some. I will have to have my son give me a lesson on this website and how to attach a picture. And sorry it has taken me so long to answer.
Here is a link to some helpful info. Forums 101 - posting, photos, accounts, basics

I hope you can figure out how to post the photos. Everyone would love to see your new setup!
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #167
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
So you are saying , at the factory , they put the furniture in after the coach is built and through the front door. Thanks for your input.
alexand46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #168
Senior Member
 
AFfiredawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexand46 View Post
So you are saying , at the factory , they put the furniture in after the coach is built and through the front door. Thanks for your input.


No they absolutely do not for the most part...It is usually placed in through a slide opening before the slide is put in...
__________________

__________________
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 35K, 30th Anniversary Edition w/ 2016 Ford Chassis
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Firecracker Red
AFfiredawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door, sofa, replacement



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firestone Air Bag Replacement on 2001 Monaco Dynasty Yukon Jack Class A Motorhome Discussions 15 06-17-2014 06:41 PM
Tricks to slide motor replacement? Mr_D Newmar Owner's Forum 7 08-24-2013 11:43 PM
Sofa bed w/air mattress HoleInOne Class A Motorhome Discussions 2 08-20-2013 08:50 AM
Coachmen: tire rim replacement jmbing Forest River Owners Forum 1 07-23-2013 10:38 PM
Hi-Lo trailers sofa replacement? rkraboin Travel Trailer Discussion 2 06-29-2013 07:31 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.