Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
I'm not sure the '16 Bounder uses the RV-CP BCC, or if they use the Intellitec BCC, but both BCCs were wired the same in the past.

The small solar panel is wired to the BCC on connector PC-4 pin-3, through a 3amp fuse (F18) on the circuit board to the house batteries.

The charging ability of this small panel is, most likely, so minute that it can't even keep up with the normal "phantom" drains on the house systems of today.

Since it is wired directly to the battery output, (within the BCC and without a solar controller), it would be extremely difficult to measure it's output and to asses just how much help it affords in maintaining the house battery charge.

It might be possible to measure the output voltage of the panel by removing F18 and measuring the difference between the input to the fuse holder (from the panel) and the house battery voltage present at the other end of the fuse holder.
Old Bounder,
Any idea which BCC this is?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1608.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	111575  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H 2002 Revolution View Post
Is the 15 watt enough to maintain the battery charge when in storage? My 5 watt does not provide enough to make up for the loss even with nothing on.
Remember that amps times volts equals watts. That means that a 15 watt panel is putting out just a bit over 1 amp during charging at around 13.5 to 14 volts. And that's just for 6 or 7 daylight hours in winter on sunny days. If you have only two 100 AH batteries, and you disconnect the batteries completely from the coach, 15 to 20 watts ought to keep you charged up if you FULLY CHARGE your batteries before storage. For each additional 100 AH battery, figure another 10 watts of panel size as a minimum.

This assumes that the panel(s) actually put out full rated power. Not always the case with low-wattage cheapies.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Old Bounder,
Any idea which BCC this is?
Thanks
Sure looks like the RV-Custom Products BCC to me. What does it say on the cover that you removed? The green circuit board should have some identification on it also (i.e. CB-115 Revision "X").

Let me know and I will give you a link to the troubleshooting procedures and wiring diagrams.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Conchasjim Send a message via Yahoo to Conchasjim
All of the information given is spot on correct. The 15 watt panel does help keep the house batteries charged for storage. Barely. I have 4, 6 volt in my 2003 Revolution. What I did was add a switch between the panel and the house and cranking batteries. I did this because I added a automotive type Viper alarm system. These do pull a bit of amperage when armed and would draw down my cranking batteries after a couple weeks. My next step is to switch it over to the house batteries and see how they handle the draw. But that would then defeat the part of the alarm that senses when the vehicle is started while armed. I'm not too worried about that. Mainly wanted the alarm to trigger when the bins are opened or the crash sensor for broken glass.
Conchasjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:15 PM   #33

What does Fleetwood charge for that $10.00 panel?
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #34

What does Fleetwood charge for that little panel?
Old 11-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
What does Fleetwood charge for that $10.00 panel?

$150
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #36

Thank you Mike.

Tags
air conditioner, panel, solar