Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Southwind 36D Issue after issue after issue....

Anyone out there have 2009 Southwind 36D? Looking for particularly to see if anyone has had any problem with the full length slide. Today, while pulling ours in to head home from the campground...it apparently got it's gasket stuck, headed up, hit the ceiling, tearing a hole in it...and of course, the gasket is just hanging there now, not where it's suposed to be....the slide is in and we did get home, but afraid to put it out again. This coach, beautiful as it is...has been a nightmare, jack problems, refrigerator problems, leaks. Only about 500 miles on it...and over 300 of those is running it back to the dealer. Still waiting 4 weeks now on a float for the hydralic fluid tank. Trim pieces left off, waiting on those, need a new valance in the living room after a leak from the slide discolored it.

Should have kept my Fiesta LX 31M.... Never had a moment trouble with it.

Do you think there's any hope for my lemon here? And of course, no protection for a lemon!! Any suggestions?

Changing my name to Not Campin' Now.
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
fixn2gocamp,
Sorry to here of your problems, but as with anything manmade there will be problems.
I have an 05 Southwind 37C which I just purchased, it might as well have been new since there was only about 6700 miles on it.
But I must say I've had a few problems, such as a skylite shattering and a few roof leaks. I guess those could be written off due to the age.
I have to say though that everything on mine works well. There have been some operating differences that I had to get use to compared to my 90 Bounder. Hydraulic levelers verses Electric which I don't much care for.
My coach has 3 slides and to date no problems, no leaks. they all work as they should.
I did have a few loose trim parts which I glued and renailed.
Other than that I've been really pleased.
Hopefully after you get these issues resolved it will be Happy motoring.

Regards,
RovinOn..........
05 Southwind 37C
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the voice of encouragement RovinOn. In talking to the dealer today, they are fairly sure it will be a fairly easy fix....then we have to schedule the "artist" who does the headliner work. We keep hoping that it will all settle down and become enjoyable again. Right now, it's just another 250 roundtrip to the dealer. Hopefully...won't have to leave the coach for any long length of time. Everyone we run into (who doesn't have a full wall slide) just says...wow. Thats something to go wrong. Well, duh, it if moves, it can go wrong. I was just becoming afraid we had brought a lemon in the Southwind. Need to hear from other Southwind dealers that I might not have.....
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
fixn2gocamp.
Luckily I have a local dealer, no longer authorized Fleetwood but they once were and still have the connections. The dealer I purchased from is authorized but about a 1 1/2 hour drive. The local people do a good job so I'm not concerned about the authorized part. As for mechanicals there is a Workhorse dealer right down the road from me and a major Allison service center about 20 - 25 minutes from where I live. So I believe I have it covered without any major roadtrips.
As a matter of note the Fleetwood dealer I purchased from is 15 minutes down the road from the now closed Fleetwood Paxinos Plant where my coach was built.
Anyway once you get the repairs made you can look forward to some good RV'ing. Even though my Coach had some minor problems I'm very happy it with it and I have no reservations with it's purchase. At least one thing I know is that any repairs I make or have done this time around it is corrected the proper way and for the long haul.

Regards,
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hang in there and I hop you get it all fixed. Life is too short so enjoy and laugh when you can
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote