Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #141

1985 Southwind Y27 here. Just got her few weeks ago. Few things that needs to be done before a road trip. Hopefully soon!
DeafManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #142

Starting to make some decent progress on the outside of our 94 coach now. I repainted to grey a couple of weeks back in two pack Nissan Warm Grey. Got shot of the turquoise stripes and redone in Burgundy, the 50mm stripe is being made as we speak. Also, to carry on with the them we had a new Burgundy and Cream awning fabric made at a local sail makers.
I've also managed to source new fleetwood decals from Hungary of all places.
In the background you can see the once a year day of blue skies and sunshine here in UK. Roll on next year !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170402_110523.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	158962   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170419_184754.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	158963  

kennyrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #143

Just replaced our 1994 Damon class C with a 2002 Fleetwood Storm, big change from 22' up to 31'.
Mike Scott Maj. USAF retired
coastiecappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:21 PM   #144

Ldster

2016 32vs
Ldster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #145

Rusty fuel door

The fuel door on my 2004 Southwind 37A is rusting around the edges. I'd like to repair or replace it. My guess is it will be just about impossible to duplicate the color of the paint, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Any good looking way to clean up the rust and refinish the door?

Or, anywhere I can go to look for a replacement door?
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #146

Just bought an 85 Southwind for my mom to live in on our property....doesn't run. After hooking up a water hose and turning it on I had water gushing from under the RV in front of the rear wheels. Mainly in the center but was also dripping on either side. Cracked water tank possibly? If so, is there a way to bypass? TIA.
Rx7racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #147

2004 , Had it for a year and it has been great, looking forward to this summer.
cjbtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7racergirl View Post
Just bought an 85 Southwind for my mom to live in on our property....doesn't run. After hooking up a water hose and turning it on I had water gushing from under the RV in front of the rear wheels. Mainly in the center but was also dripping on either side. Cracked water tank possibly? If so, is there a way to bypass? TIA.
I sent you a private message. I'll aslo look up on manuals. Maybe your model is similar to mine.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #149

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Paint codes for your rig should be on a sticker inside a wardrobe door. Any of the on-line touch up paint companies should be able to match it. I've had good luck with www.automotive touchup.com For a replacement door, you might try an RV dismantler in your area
Blandry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandry29 View Post
Paint codes for your rig should be on a sticker inside a wardrobe door. Any of the on-line touch up paint companies should be able to match it. I've had good luck with www.automotive touchup.com For a replacement door, you might try an RV dismantler in your area
Thanks. I found the sticker, and I've contacted store to see if they can match the paint. A little sandpaper and primer should be enough to restore the door.
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #151

1997 southwind HELP

Hello to all! New here and a new owner of said MH. I was wondering if anyone here had a place to purchase replacement roof caps (don't know what else to call them). The molded plastic cap with the running lights that runs the rear of my RV is all cracked and needs replacing. Any suggestions would be fantastic!!
Ripsnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsnort View Post
Hello to all! New here and a new owner of said MH. I was wondering if anyone here had a place to purchase replacement roof caps (don't know what else to call them). The molded plastic cap with the running lights that runs the rear of my RV is all cracked and needs replacing. Any suggestions would be fantastic!!
Can you post a photo of what you're talking about?
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #153

2016 32vs
Ldster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #154

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsnort View Post
The trim is plastic. If you can not find a new one, The old one can be fiberglassed over and be ten times stronger. Most boat places have a fiberglass man. Check with them. You can do it yourself if you are just a little bit handy. The simplest way is to fiberglass behind the trim (Or use fiberglass cloth and J B weld) and then paint the outside with the plastic paint. That way you don't have to sand the finish.

Tags
southwind