Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrock
Splendid 2000 S Washer/Dryer No Power 2005 Providence

Have a Splendid 2000 S with our previous used 2005 Fleetwood Providence. Trying to use for the first time since we purchased the coach and could not get power to it. Found outlet behind W/D has no power. Used a three prong tester no light. Checked all GFCI and all are working. Reset C/B for W/D. Ran on Gen set and with Inverter. Still no Power. Any ideas for trouble shooting
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
You've explored most options. Did you check the breakers at the converter? You may have to follow the A/C wire at the washer to find the problem.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You are going to have to use a meter or circuit tester and start at the breaker for the dryer - see if there is power there are not.

One other possibility: You probably have an energy management system for use when running on 30A power. It can "shed" the W/D to reduce the load and once in awhile they get a bit whacky and lose track of things. Try removing 12v power from the EMS for 30 seconds (turning off the house battery disconnect usually does it) so that it resets itself when power comes back on. That may do the trick.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There could multiole switchs. You could possibly have two switches to position correctly to get the WD to start working. I have that in our 2001 Bounder. We have one to 3 position switch on a panel behind the sink cabinet door to select between the WD and Hot Water and the Microwave and one beside the WD to select between the WD and the Hot Water also. I know it sound redundant but it is to miniminize the power load on out 30 AMP max load. They are 3 position to set them to on or the other or off (center). We need to set the one under the sink to WD/Hot Water Tank and the one beside the WD to washer to get it to run. As Gary Brinck said you will have to put a teser to work. It took me 3 hours and pulling the WD out to figure it out. Both were factory installed. Good Luck. Jim Hartle, 2002 Bounder.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Fleetwood Pace Arrow has a switch that selects to provide power to the Washer/Dryer combo -or- the Convection Oven/Microwave. The switch is located near the house AC breaker panel. Your coach may well have similar switch - somewhere.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

His Providence has 50A power, so is unlikely to have a switch to shunt power to other appliances.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Splendide has some good tips for trouble shooting your unit. 1st determine if you have power to the unit.. That is one problem. Next check the front door latch on the washer/dryer. that can cause you to not be able to turn unit on . good luck ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrock
Got this one fixed. Don't know what happened but a couple of days after no power to outlet behind W/D using genset power returned. Does anyone know whether W?D should work on Invertor? Thx to all Marty
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Don't know if Fleetwood wired the W/D to an inverter circuit or not, but I suspect not. If it is a modified Sine inverter, running a motor on it is problematic. And running the dryer heater via inverter is a huge power load on the batteries, so not a good idea anyway. The w/d has a 20 amp supply @ 120v, so that means it might draw as much as 220 amps from the batteries at times.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #10

Fleetwood Switch Fun

Marty, I had the same problem on my Discovery until one day, I was kneeling in the kitchen cleaning up one of my many messes, and as I got up I noticed a switch mounted underneath my sink's upper cabinet. Yes, I have 50-amp and yes, this switch moves 120-volts between my micro/conv and the washer/dryer. No doubt FW places this booger in as many different spots as they can find. Just food for thought. Good luck.....
Volunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #11

Marty,

I had this exact problem and it turns out that our hot water heater breaker MUST be on for there to be power on the washer/dryer outlet.

I am posting this just in case it helps someone else in figuring out their problem.
JeffandLisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power