Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2018, 03:37 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kginder88 View Post
Did you find the problem yet?

Nope. I give up. Tomorrow I'll manually close the slide and raise the jacks and drive it 1/4 mile to a shop. Having both systems shut down at the same time is just strange but has to be related. But I'll be darn if I could find it.

I did speak with a Fleetwood tech the other day and that was little to no help. I requested wiring diagrams for the rig from Fleetwood 5 days ago and got nothing yet. But if their diagrams are as bad as their owners manual I wager they would not be of much use. Really ticks me off as our first trip in the rig was to be about 10 days from now. Gonna have to cancel for sure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2018, 05:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
I did speak with a Fleetwood tech the other day and that was little to no help. I requested wiring diagrams for the rig from Fleetwood 5 days ago and got nothing yet.
If you want to PM me your email address, I have a bunch of Fleetwood schematics for my 2016 Expedition, including full prints for the slide out electrical systems. I believe Fleetwood uses pretty similar wiring schemes and harnesses across several different models, so they might at least give you or the tech a better idea of what to look for.

My bet is you took something out when you shorted the 12V plug that affects the other systems as well. The rule of thumb is that if something is working, you mess with something, and other stuff quits working... then it's probably not a coincidence.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:26 AM   #31
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is the FW page to request schematics. Don't know if this is how you requested but maybe it will help. They send them in a batch of three emails, or used to, takes a day or two to get the reply. https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/warranty-questions They will also request your FW Unit ID Number which should be located right behind the drivers seat. Don't get it confused with the Ford VIN number, but they ask for that too.

They hid this information well. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click the "Contact" link. That page opens and has some more information there.

You might, if you haven't yet, do a "Change of Ownership" from here. https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/change-of-ownership.

I do have schematic for mine, maybe it will be of help. Let me know.

Check your PM's.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #32

get a jump box and power each slide or the landing gear on its own to get the up or closed
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
If you want to PM me your email address, I have a bunch of Fleetwood schematics for my 2016 Expedition, including full prints for the slide out electrical systems. I believe Fleetwood uses pretty similar wiring schemes and harnesses across several different models, so they might at least give you or the tech a better idea of what to look for.

My bet is you took something out when you shorted the 12V plug that affects the other systems as well. The rule of thumb is that if something is working, you mess with something, and other stuff quits working... then it's probably not a coincidence.

I have a bounder. I'd think there is different diagrams for each model. Of course they don't have a owners manual for each model so who knows!

Yes, I took out a 40 amp fuse. The fuse was replaced. Unless there is a relay or circuit breaker that is bad hidden someplace all should be good. Beteen myself and a certified mobile tech we've spent hours and hours looking for that sort of stuff. Everything works with exception of slides and jacks. I haven't tried the furnace yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Here is the FW page to request schematics. Don't know if this is how you requested but maybe it will help. They send them in a batch of three emails, or used to, takes a day or two to get the reply. https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/warranty-questions They will also request your FW Unit ID Number which should be located right behind the drivers seat. Don't get it confused with the Ford VIN number, but they ask for that too.

They hid this information well. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click the "Contact" link. That page opens and has some more information there.

You might, if you haven't yet, do a "Change of Ownership" from here. https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/change-of-ownership.

I do have schematic for mine, maybe it will be of help. Let me know.

Check your PM's.

Done that with FW. I'd guess they could email it to me. It's been 5 days now and nothing. I guess either they have no interest in helping folks with used stuff (even though is only got 7,000 miles on it) or they just have a part time person do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpower View Post
get a jump box and power each slide or the landing gear on its own to get the up or closed
We did bypass the bedroom slide electrically which was a mistake as I could of at least enjoyed staying in it this last week. You can close the bedroom slide manually but you have to pull the mattress, remove the struts on the bed so you can fold the lid all the way back so you can put a wrench on it and close it. Other option is to get a small kid in the bed storage with a wrench and have him close it and just leave him in there till it's fixed. Poor design. You can't, or at least best not try, to close the big slide by over riding the electrical as those motors need to be synced. I can see disaster in trying that. I don't like the idea of pulling the motors and shoving the huge and heavy slide in but I have no other choice. Of course I got that info from my online owners manual and so far many things in that manual don't match with my Bounder. Even the FW Tech I had on the phone was asking me to push buttons etc I did not have on mine! He sounded like he had little info on the Illuma Plex system which is suspect to me.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #34

Bob1340-

Regarding the jacks, page 105 of your coach's manual mentions a 15A in-line fuse near the hydraulic pump. Is that fuse OK?

You might also check the fuse marked "JACK/ANT. WARN," located in the Front Distribution Panel (FDP). On our coach it is fuse F14, but I have no idea what it would be marked on your coach. There should be a label on the inside of the FDP cover that lists the fuses. If you haven't already been there, the FDP is the black plastic box located inside the front-most outside storage bay on the driver side. On our coach, F14 is a 5A fuse.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #35

LOL I am a complete idiot. I should of never used any information from Fleetwood on this. The FW Tech I spoke to and the "so called" manual shows my living room slide is controlled by 2 in wall motors that need to be removed via partial disassembly of the slide seals. The procedure (the only procedure shown in the manual and by the tech for closing the living room slide manually) is to remove the motors and have some folks carefully push the slide in and then put the motors back in to lock it down.

My slide does not have that system. It has 2 motors, but they are in the storage bays and run a track under the slide. The rear motor is a bear to get at. Need to disco the 2 wire sycn plugs, release the brake, and crank it in via a 3/4" wrench

Just amazing. At this point in the game I regret buying this thing. I should of waited for a Tiffin to come along. Something with customer support.

I wonder if this isn't even a Fleetwood? The floorplan and markings show me it's a Bounder 35K, but nothing adds up.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Bob1340-

Regarding the jacks, page 105 of your coach's manual mentions a 15A in-line fuse near the hydraulic pump. Is that fuse OK?

You might also check the fuse marked "JACK/ANT. WARN," located in the Front Distribution Panel (FDP). On our coach it is fuse F14, but I have no idea what it would be marked on your coach. There should be a label on the inside of the FDP cover that lists the fuses. If you haven't already been there, the FDP is the black plastic box located inside the front-most outside storage bay on the driver side. On our coach, F14 is a 5A fuse.

The only manual I have is the online 2017 Gas manual. I've requested a manual but have not gotten one yet. The manual I am using is fairly worthless as its very vague.

The only fuse that was burnt out was the fore mentioned 40 amp cigarette lighter fuse in the box under the hood. I have no idea if that 40 amp fuse runs anything else. Everything in the coach works fine with exception of the jacks and slides. We checked all the circuit breakers and fuses in the coach. There are 8 fuses with no power but I am assuming these are for some sort of option I don't have. No marked fuses on this rig.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #37

Did you find the "salesman" switches?

The wiring job you did, was it between when the slides/jacks worked and when they didn't?
Old 06-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #38

Bob1340-

I have pointed you in the direction of two possible sources of the problems you are experiencing. They happen to be fuses, and yes, they may not be there at all, as I am relying on documentation for a coach I don't own and for the one I do, the documentation may not apply to your coach. But, REV group is not entirely inconsistent and/or stupid, so it's valid that I offer these possible solutions. If you'd rather not look into them, I understand- but that inclines me not to spend more of my time trying to help you.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #39

Quote:
Bob1340-

I have pointed you in the direction of two possible sources of the problems you are experiencing. They happen to be fuses, and yes, they may not be there at all, as I am relying on documentation for a coach I don't own and for the one I do, the documentation may not apply to your coach. But, REV group is not entirely inconsistent and/or stupid, so it's valid that I offer these possible solutions. If you'd rather not look into them, I understand- but that inclines me not to spend more of my time trying to help you.
LOL. I too am relying on documentation for some other rig than a 2017 Bounder.
I have no fuses that are bad. I’ve stated that multiple times. No bad fuses!!
Your not being of help telling me I have a bad fuse.
Explain how to check a fuse that isn’t there please.
I’ve never said FW is stupid. Possibly rude in not sending me requested info. But honestly all info from FW sources has be incorrect.
On both the slides and the jacks I read what is referred to as an owners manual. I spoke with a FW tech rep in Decatur for a long time. He said he didn’t want to talk to me unless I was in the rig. I was at home. It took 4 hours for him to return my call. But. Both the tech and the manual gave me false info on both the jacks and slides. I’m just amazed at that. I’m on my own searching YouTube to figure out this mess.
We got the slides in by using zero info from the worthless manual. My slide system isn’t even mentioned in the so called manual. I did nothing the rep suggested as nothing he spoke about exists on my rig.
Now I’m trying to figure out how to release my jacks which my system is of course different than what the so called manual has in it and my detailed notes from the FW rep do not pertain to. Hopefully by Monday I can figure out how to lower them. On Monday I’ll get a big 2’-3’ wide oil pan and bunches of rags and drain the system.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Bob1340-

Nope. No inline fuse that is visible within 10’ of the pump.

If you have read anything above you would know I have no bad fuses anywhere on the rig. The only bad fuse was the cigarette lighter 40 amp fuse which boggles my mind.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #41

You could also try calling the manufacturer of your jacks.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #42

x2

Call the jack manufacturer, eliminate the middle man.

Tags
power