RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #113

Just a follow up.

Nah, the dealer work sucked. First off the chassis AC was not fixed. I carry a couple cans of refrigerant so I can give it a squirt once in a while. I'll probably take it to ford for fixing.

The bedroom slide works fine going in and out. But my bed platform looks pretty bad. There are 4 7/16" bolts that attach the platform to what appears to be part of the metal slide frame. The one side of the bed pedistal is completely separated from the base by about 3/4" . I should of taken photos.

When I opened the living room slide the top hit home about 4"-6" before the bottom did. Don't think it's supposed to be like that.

And as an added treat, we have or had mice. Ain't seen a live one but droppings galore.

And our Mexican Train Domino set is gone.

I'll take it elsewhere to fix this stuff.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #114

Oh, and my right front jack leaks now.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #115
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There may not be anything wrong with your livingroom slide. Standard operation is to slightly "tilt" when bringing it in.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #116
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
No need to take it to Ford. Any place that repairs A/C should be able to fix, providing that they will work on a Class A.

Ford supplies the compressor, condenser and associated lines. The lines to evaporator are capped and the coach builder finishes it. Unless they determined that the failure is their fault you will be SOL for a covered warranty repair. Then they will probably lie their way out of doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
Just a follow up.

Nah, the dealer work sucked. First off the chassis AC was not fixed. I carry a couple cans of refrigerant so I can give it a squirt once in a while. I'll probably take it to ford for fixing...
Old 07-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #117

I wondered about that. I suspect a slow leak where Fleetwood tied into Ford.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #118

I did put a can of refrigerant in before I left home Tuesday and it worked okay, but it was over 100 here so I also fired up the generator and flipped on a house ac unit. Today when I came home we had the coach full of cool coastal air so I just used the dash ac. I still had to gas it up though. So definitely a leak.
The dealer tech claims he put dye in it so that may help the next guy who looks at it.
LOL. Probably have to pull the whole dash apart to tighten one fitting.

Tags
power