Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congratulations! Good choice. We want to see pictures when you get it home.

I'd recommend a Progressive Industries 50A power protector. You've got a lot of expensive equipment in that RV & you want to be sure it doesn't get fried by bad CG power or a storm. Ours has saved us more times than I can count on 1 hand. It's the best $400 we spent.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Sounds like your off to a great start.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The new bounder come with what they call an"optional" surge and neutral loss protection. However, I have never seen a 14 bounder without that option.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
The new bounder come with what they call an"optional" surge and neutral loss protection. However, I have never seen a 14 bounder without that option.
It was an option in 08. They do not protect for high and low voltage which is most important IMO. The Progressive Ind one that Lori referred to is what's needed to protect for everything.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
It was an option in 08. They do not protect for high and low voltage which is most important IMO. The Progressive Ind one that Lori referred to is what's needed to protect for everything.
My 2014 35K has Surge Guard by TRC and provides the following:

Rated 120/240V, 50A, 60 Hz
The Surge Guard Plus provides bumper to bumper RV protection from faulty power for 50 Amp applications. This unit continuously monitors shore power and shuts off when it detects an electrical condition that could damage electronics in your coach. The hardwire unit is installed in the bay of the coach and features an easy to read remote unit that provides information on electrical status where it is most convenient for you. Additional features include:

Protects RV bumper to bumper from faulty park power.
Remote LCD Display
Plain English
Voltage and Current Indication
Fault Identification
Multi-mode surge suppression (fuse protected).
2 minute 15 Second Reset Delay Protects A/C
Auto Reset on Power Restoration
Protects against:
Excessive voltage, Low (<102V) and High (>132V)
Miswired pedestal
Open neutral
Open ground
High/low frequency
Reverse polarity
3350 Joules of power surge protection.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #20

2008 Fleetwood 39R - we love it. Fleetwood stood behind & covered all problems identified.
Protech441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
My 2014 35K has Surge Guard by TRC and provides the following: Rated 120/240V, 50A, 60 Hz The Surge Guard Plus provides bumper to bumper RV protection from faulty power for 50 Amp applications. This unit continuously monitors shore power and shuts off when it detects an electrical condition that could damage electronics in your coach. The hardwire unit is installed in the bay of the coach and features an easy to read remote unit that provides information on electrical status where it is most convenient for you. Additional features include: Protects RV bumper to bumper from faulty park power. Remote LCD Display Plain English Voltage and Current Indication Fault Identification Multi-mode surge suppression (fuse protected). 2 minute 15 Second Reset Delay Protects A/C Auto Reset on Power Restoration Protects against: Excessive voltage, Low (<102V) and High (>132V) Miswired pedestal Open neutral Open ground High/low frequency Reverse polarity 3350 Joules of power surge protection.
I was referring to the 08. Thanks for the update. Glad to see they're offering a needed protection.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #22

Congratulations on your new Bounder. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I was referring to the 08. Thanks for the update. Glad to see they're offering a needed protection.
Oops, I see that now. My reading comprehension is not so great first thing in the morning.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Congratulations! Good choice. We want to see pictures when you get it home.

I'd recommend a Progressive Industries 50A power protector. You've got a lot of expensive equipment in that RV & you want to be sure it doesn't get fried by bad CG power or a storm. Ours has saved us more times than I can count on 1 hand. It's the best $400 we spent.

Lori-
I was referring to this post. ..... And since the OP was referring to purchasing a 14, I thought I would let him know that he most likely already had it. Check your list of options or look by your thermostat, the remote monitor is mounted right next to it if you have it. I think it's awesome that Fleetwood offers it.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on your new motorhome!

We have a 2013 33C that we bought last June. There have been very few issues with it, the most annoying is the screen door latch has broken twice. The mechanism is clever, but fails too easily and breaks when forced.

We've already put nearly 6,000 miles on ours, several weekends, a one-week, and a 2 1/2 week trip.

We tow a Honda CRV using a ReadyBrake tow bar and brake system. Get about 6.5 to 7 mpg usually.

I've got an upgrade in process on the battery/inverter - upgrading to four Trojan T-105 batteries and a Magnum MS2012, along with the ARC remote, BMK (battery monitor), and AGS (automatic generator start).

2013 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
bugsplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for all the great information!

My wife would like to know if most of you tow a vehicle behind the coach? We are hoping to drive the coach (33C) to most locations and park. It has been suggested that if needed, we rent a vehicle. Thoughts?

Thank you
Tedcesarano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
Community Administrator

We always towed. Personally I don't understand how you could do what we did without one. Your travels may be different. We put 93,000 miles on two MH's and probably I/2 as much on two tow cars.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We've always towed - even if the darned thing never left the campground once we got there. If the campground is the destination & you have no inclination to venture out for sightseeing or need some supply, then you may not need a toad. However, the one time you don't have a toad will be when you don't have something you need & the campground office doesn't stock it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, bounder