Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Have you called Fleetwood to see what manuals they may have available for your coach yet?
Hi, yes, we have purchased the owners manual from Fleetwood, this does not go into detailed intructions on the different systems. Each system has its own operations manual, eg, "Onan generator owners manual", which you then have to get from the manufacturer of that system. Some I found online, which was very helpful, but the slideout operating manual is not available, as there is an "error" on that website page. But thank you for you suggestion.
Soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just as a very wild shot the slide switch for the driver side rear slide in the bedroom is on the driver side bedroom wall, however the passengers rear side slide switch is located near the power panel in a cabinet in the front of the unit next to the front slider switch..
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Just as a very wild shot the slide switch for the driver side rear slide in the bedroom is on the driver side bedroom wall, however the passengers rear side slide switch is located near the power panel in a cabinet in the front of the unit next to the front slider switch..
Hi, thank you for your response. We do know where the slideout buttons (we have two slideouts) are, but it seems (as we learned from a previous response of a iRV2 member), that you also have a key that you need to turn, before the slideout buttons will work. So we now have to see if we can locate said "key" switch, and hopefully this will solve our problem. Holding thumbs!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Did you start the motorhome? Ours has to been running and the parking break on before the slides will go out. We don't have a key for our slides.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmez View Post
Did you start the motorhome? Ours has to been running and the parking break on before the slides will go out. We don't have a key for our slides.
Ours also needs to be running for two reasons: it needs the alternator boost for the batteries and the ignition key must be in the on position for the slides to work.

If you have a key switch, I would guess its close by the switch that moves the slides. On my 2008, I do not have a key switch. I have two rocker switches in the compartment directly in front of the passengers seat. This is where the EMS, water heater, water pump, etc is located. One rocker is for left or right slide and the other is for in/out.

Also, on mine, you must hold the rocker switch in the in or out position. Don't just push and release. I hope this has been of some help.

If this doesn't gett'er done, call Fleetwood Monday morning with your vin or ID number and they can tell you if you have key switch.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
You didn't say if you were able to locate the fuse block(s) and breaker box. Did you check them?

Don't spend all your focus on looking for a key to turn it on. As some other posts indicate, not all have a key.

Do you hear any noise coming from the slide trying to move? Look underneath the living room slide and locate the motor(s). See if any wires arre pulled loose.

If all that fails to produce anything, Fleetwood has a great support group. Not sure if the support number is the same for their American coaches. But you can try this one, 800-435-7345. If this is not the right number they can give it to you. As someone else said, have your vehicle vin number.

Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #21

"key" means ignition key, not slide key.

try this

engine running,
transmission in neutral
parking brake set
push the switch to "out".
Samc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMCUDNEY View Post
"key" means ignition key, not slide key.

try this

engine running,
transmission in neutral
parking brake set
push the switch to "out".
Just for the record, some Powergear slide systems do have a key switch and this is not the same as the ignition key. It is a safety feature for some systems.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
...........Welcome to IRV2 as well as the RV world, for the unforgetable experiences of a lifetime. I wish I could help with your problem but unfortunately we have no slides.
Have you or can you not contact the previous owners, or the person that you purchased it from ? Be sure when you call Fleetwood you have your FIN(fleetwood identification #) which is different than the VIN located on the dash panel. Good luck and travel safe.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine is just the opposite the engine MUST be off or slide will not move. Not a fleetwood however.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have an '05 Providence, so what I tell you about mine, should (but not guarranteed) be about the same.

I had a bedroom slide out problem once and called a technition. From him, I found out that in addition to the typical fuses, located in the bedroom and on the bottom side of the bed, there are additional fuse on the solonoids that operate the slides. I have three slides, thus, threes solonoids/fuses. On mine, the solonoids are located in the electrical compartment, on the driver's side, aft of the rear wheels. This is the compartment where you pull out your electrical cord. The solonoids (mine are all colored black & white), are located in the upper right-hand corner of the back wall, the wall facing the door. Be sure to check those fuses, to see if any are popped. Good luck.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #26

Thumbs up

Hi everyone, what a WONDERFUL community of helpful RVers!Thank you all SO much for your insightful help. WE HAVE LOCATED THE PROBLEM!! It was a blown fuse, which was in the fuse box as described by a very informed iRV2 member (in the front of the RV, underneath the drivers panel). THANK YOU~
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
I have an '05 Providence, so what I tell you about mine, should (but not guarranteed) be about the same.

I had a bedroom slide out problem once and called a technition. From him, I found out that in addition to the typical fuses, located in the bedroom and on the bottom side of the bed, there are additional fuse on the solonoids that operate the slides. I have three slides, thus, threes solonoids/fuses. On mine, the solonoids are located in the electrical compartment, on the driver's side, aft of the rear wheels. This is the compartment where you pull out your electrical cord. The solonoids (mine are all colored black & white), are located in the upper right-hand corner of the back wall, the wall facing the door. Be sure to check those fuses, to see if any are popped. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your time, this was exactly the problem!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are valuable.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, operation of slideouts, powergear slideouts, slideouts