Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercub View Post
Yesterday I had 6 new Toyo 245/75/22.5 installed at Les Schabs 2463.86 out the door. Mounted, spun balanced, installed, and tax. I just bought my 07 Southwind 32V in the LA area last week and got a guote at a store there and was within a few doolars of this. Sorry, can't remember the name of the store. Checking online and talking to various tire stores, I got nothing but postivie feed back on the Toyo's.
Brian
Thanks Brian, I don't think there are any les Schwab stores down here. I know they are big in Oregon. I did find a good price on Hankook through a truck tire service here. I don't know anything about these new foreign names so I will have to go on the word of all you fine folks here.

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have heard that Hankooks are good tires, never used them, but it was a toss up on Toyos or Hankooks, seemed most places I called had Toyos, but all said Hankooks were on par with Toyos.
Brian
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just bought this motohrome last week from a private party in Redondo Beach, and he had called a couple of places to get quotes, I believe oone of the places he called was Eddies? Not 100% sure about that name.
Brian
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #18

Can anybody give me any advice on Chinese tires. I have a price on 6 mounted and balance with tax and everything out the door for $1340. They are called Durun if I'm not mistaken. Also, the same place will give me 6 Hercules for $1500. What do you all think. Keep in mind that we are casual RVers that will never be full time again. Just a short trip here and there.

Ray
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chinese Tires

I do not trust Chinese Tires. Of all the blowouts and tire failures I've had (many) all but one has been made in China. And that one tire was a 10 year old Michelin and my own dumb fault.

Hancook seems to be the only Chinese tire folks with motorhomes prefer, but for the few extra bucks I'd opt for the Toyos. Toyos are made in Japan.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #20

Well, I think a decision has been made. After reading many different postings on different forums and looking at tire reviews, I think I found what will do for us at a cost we can absorb. Also, it is a local tire shop and the guy that owns it took the time on the phone to talk to me and educate me on different brands and tire designs. I am going to buy 6 Hercules H-902 tires. Hercules is the Chinese leg of the Cooper tire co. The whole set mounted and balanced using some sort of balancing bag with ceramic balls in them will cost $1703 out the door. I did a search for reviews on them and they were all pretty much positive. So, thanks everybody for your help and suggestions and life experiences.

Ray
Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Try calling a TCI Tire Distributor in your area to see what the prices are.

Tire Centers, LLC

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Try calling a TCI Tire Distributor in your area to see what the prices are.

Tire Centers, LLC

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Can you fill in the blanks a bit. I've never heard of these folks and after doing a search it looks like the closest one is in either Fontana or Rancho Cucamonga.

Ray
Old 06-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi,
I am very happy with my Kuhmo's. I priced Michelin and Goodyear and could not believe the prices. The Goodyears I replaced lasted 6 years and then I had 2 blow-outs.

Chip
06 National SurfSide
model 29a
30ft with 2 slides
V10 Ford chassis
camper19709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltoolguy View Post
Can you fill in the blanks a bit. I've never heard of these folks and after doing a search it looks like the closest one is in either Fontana or Rancho Cucamonga.

Ray
No blanks to fill in, Ray. Give them a call and find out what their prices are for tires & installation. I don't know where you are located in SC but they have a few around the area.

They have centers located all over the country if you have a problem while traveling. Something that you won't find from a local tire shop based around the corner.

It's up to you now. Your money, your decision.

The last set of tires I had put on was in 2010 and Parkhouse Tire in San Fernando near LA is where I had made the purchase. Shortly after that, another Monaco owner had a set put on his coach from TCI in Los Angeles and he had much better prices than I did.

If I had known about TCI previously I would have had them do the tire change.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #25

Thanks DR4film, I will give them a call before I go any further. It will be a long drive if I go with them but if the cost savings is enough it will be worth it. I'd like to find a better known tire at a good price instead of having to buy down to get something affordable.

Ray
Old 06-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #26

Just today I replaced my 4 rears on my 93 bounder and paid 180 apiece for 225 70 19.5's. Having said that a lot depends on your use and expected mileage per year. Figure your tires are really only good for about 5 years before they weather check and may need replacement. If you dont do a lot of traveling then forget about the mileage wear. They will need replacement for age before wear. I went with an inexpensive 12 ply traction tire but do not do a lot of long distance traveling. Wanted the traction tires on rear as I do some nascar infield camping and need some extra traction a lot of the time. The type I got were GEOSTAR from Mavis Tire. Like I said I dont put a lot of mileage on them a year so I think it was a good choice. Cant comment on the wear yet.
dstewart1111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires