Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #1

Tradition new owner - couple of questions

A couple of questions need answering for a new '07 Tradition owner.

1. The red light on the dash in the first picture. Anybody know what it's for? It did not come on when I lowered the jacks. It has the Cummins ISL engine with a build date of Dec '06.

2. The air port shown in the second picture does not take a standard male air fitting. The male air fitting I got from Lowes is just slightly too big. Metric perhaps??

Thanks guys in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red light.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	155183   Click image for larger version

Name:	coach air port.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	155184  

Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2017, 07:33 AM   #2

I believe that the air inlet requires you to push back the outer collar in order to insert your male fitting - it does look standard.

the red light is more of a mystery...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
I believe that the air inlet requires you to push back the outer collar in order to insert your male fitting - it does look standard.
Yes I pulled back the collar but the male fitting would not go in, the fitting behind the collar is to small. IOW the diameter of the female fitting is just slightly to small to allow the male fitting to enter. I bled all the air out of the system and tried that too thinking the air pressure from the coach was preventing it from entering, no go.
Both sold
Old 03-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The red light looks like it was added later, maybe for an alarm.

The air fitting looks like someone replaced the original. That fitting is used when your vehicle need to be connect to a tow truck to release the brakes. It should a standard fitting. Might also be a high volume fitting. I would ask either American coach or at good towing company. Might be a good idea to replace the female fitting on the coach and have a matching male fitting on hand. If you had a air hse you could use it to add air to your tires.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #5

You may simply have gotten too large a fitting. Is the male 1/4 or 3/8 fitting?

Tom
Old 03-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #6

LED? That's easy-Its the flux capacitor engaged status indicator light(FCESIL) Ready for time travel.

As far as the coupling, there are many: Couplers & Plugs | Miltonindustries.com

The coupler type (M, A, etc) will be stamped on the coupler, take a close look. I don't know what the 'standard' coupler is for auto/truck service (A type?). I use M type at home.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #7
HRF

Winnebago Owners Club
I went to an auto parts store like O'Reillys. There are 3 or 4 different styles and sizes of male fittings. It took a couple of tries but finally got the correct one at the parts store.
HRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
LED? That's easy-Its the flux capacitor engaged status indicator light(FCESIL) Ready for time travel.

Yes, that's what I thought it was. Gotta find the time wheel and engage button and i got it knocked.

The coupler type (M, A, etc) will be stamped on the coupler, take a close look. I don't know what the 'standard' coupler is for auto/truck service (A type?). I use M type at home.
Will check M or A, didn't know there was two different types. Thanks
Both sold
Old 03-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ive noticed that when you buy cheap fittings from somewhere like harbor freight, they are a different size than the normal ones most of us are use to. There are different sizes however and I remember researching it but for the life of me cant remember. I think the others are correct with the M and A type. Is that light perhaps for heated mirrors?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Perhaps someone installed an alarm system in the coach and that is what the led is for?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

It's a standard fitting, but there are several standards for air couplers. I believe that takes the "Automotive" type rather than the "Industrial (aka Milton) type that Lowes carries for air tools. Or maybe its vice versa - I forget!

Or if you already have several couplers and tools, you can change the female on the coach to the type you already have. It too is a standard threaded air coupler fitting.

The attached air coupler ID chart may help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Air_Coupler_Id_Chart.pdf (241.8 KB, 33 views)
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
It's a standard fitting, but there are several standards for air couplers. I believe that takes the "Automotive" type rather than the "Industrial (aka Milton) type that Lowes carries for air tools. Or maybe its vice versa - I forget!

Or if you already have several couplers and tools, you can change the female on the coach to the type you already have. It too is a standard threaded air coupler fitting.

The attached air coupler ID chart may help.
Thanks for that chart Gary. I believe it must be the automotive type fitting. I tried to remove the female fitting shown in the picture but couldn't get an open end wrench perpendicular to the fitting so gave up not wanting to gum up the fitting. I'll check NAPA tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Is that light perhaps for heated mirrors?
I'll check, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Perhaps someone installed an alarm system in the coach and that is what the led is for?
There appears to be a magnetic switch on the entry door, but no other alarm equipment. I think that may be it. I'll do some further checking next time I'm at the coach.
Both sold
Old 03-20-2017, 02:15 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Have you ever noticed the red LED on? I would follow the wire from it to where it leads to! I have added them for the furnace on switch in my old 1974 Shasta, because if you did not shut off the off/on switch, it would still kick on the furnace fan and run the battery's down, so the LED reminded me to shut off the switch! I also added a few in my semi to remind me when certain acc.'s were on, like my inside my trailer lights!
It could be a reminder light for one of your outside acc.'s? Like a Antenna up light? Rail!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:47 AM   #14

Light has never been on. Only have driven the coach twice, so not enough experience yet to know if it's connected to anything.
I was thinking that this light was on all or some models of the Tradition. It appears it is not and a previous owner installed it. For what purpose will require me to trace the wires. Cummins installed an after market light on MH with engines manufactured with the ISL wrist pin problem. My coach was not in that group of engines, fortunately.
Both sold