Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #1

TV issues

It appears our "fine" mid coach Jensen TV has an issue that the dealer in Borne doesn't have a clue about. The volume is cannot be turned down. They have ordered and installed a second one and it has the same issue. They took it out and tried it in another Bounder and SURPRISE, the volume cannot be turned down. The service dude said they are "fighting" with Fleetwood, but as it stands now, no wayne no. We are headed to New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming at the end of the month and my guess is the tv will not be usable.
Next, it will be going to Alvarado to the service center after we return.

Anyone having the same issues?
tickfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #2

tick
I'm Guessing you have a 2017 coach as that's when they started using the Jenson's but telling us what coach you have is helpful in getting assistance. Was the volume always this way or did the issue surface after owning it awhile?
BTW
I know that Jenson isn't the name brand that used to be in the coaches but it is a brand that is expressly made to go into RV's I assume that means it's better able to handle the vibration and shocks in the RV environment. Another RV brand you will see a lot is Furion.
FWIW
The LG in my coach had the remote control function fail right after it was out of warranty. Fortunately I was able to replace the IR sensor and fix it myself.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
tick
I'm Guessing you have a 2017 coach as that's when they started using the Jenson's but telling us what coach you have is helpful in getting assistance. Was the volume always this way or did the issue surface after owning it awhile?
BTW
I know that Jenson isn't the name brand that used to be in the coaches but it is a brand that is expressly made to go into RV's I assume that means it's better able to handle the vibration and shocks in the RV environment. Another RV brand you will see a lot is Furion.
FWIW
The LG in my coach had the remote control function fail right after it was out of warranty. Fortunately I was able to replace the IR sensor and fix it myself.
Yes sir it is a 17 Bounder 35K and has done this since day one. I understand from blogs this is a common problem for Fleetwood. If so, what's their solution: ignore it till the warranty runs out or replace it with something that actually works.
tickfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #4

Not sure the size of your existing tv or the space it needs to fit in, but, with the prices of tv's below $300 for 32" and under $500 for 50", you may want to buy a different brand tv and be done with this Jensen nonsense. I realize fleetwood won't reimburse you but it doesn't sound like they are willing to do anything more anyway.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzyfit View Post
Not sure the size of your existing tv or the space it needs to fit in, but, with the prices of tv's below $300 for 32" and under $500 for 50", you may want to buy a different brand tv and be done with this Jensen nonsense. I realize fleetwood won't reimburse you but it doesn't sound like they are willing to do anything more anyway.
If I had to buy a new TV to replace one which was defective from the start the first to know would be my state's Attorney General and it would go from there until I was satisfied.
Lynn
Old 05-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
If I had to buy a new TV to replace one which was defective from the start the first to know would be my state's Attorney General and it would go from there until I was satisfied.
Lynn
We all get to choose our battles. You may want to check with the number of complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau against Fleetwood and then determine if one 32" TV is worth all the headaches and heartburn playing games with your attorney generals office. They'll write letters, Fleetwood will respond, the process will drag on for months, if not a year or two and in the meantime, every time you look at that Jensen boat anchor, your going to get upset all over again. Cut your loses and just buy a different brand from a big box store. If it doesn't work, take it back and get another. At some point, this issue will be resolved, no thanks to either Fleetwood or your Attorney General.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #7

tick
Frankly your attitude towards Fleetwood is unfounded. You stated that your taking the coach to one of the service centers so be assured that the issue will be resolved there. If at any time you have a problem with the coach while it's under warranty and you can't get it serviced contact Fleetwood customer service using the phone number on your warranty card. They will place a notice on your account and it will be corrected when you can get the coach to them. My experience with the service centers is that if you show them something wrong they fix it. No quibbling they just correct the issue.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:52 AM   #8

Switch the house tv, and the rv tv. If the rv TV works in the house, it may be in the wiring of the rig. If the house tv works in the rig, the it's the Jenson tv.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
At the risk of asking a stupid question.. Does the sound from your midship TV come from the TV speakers, or is there a sound bar involved? If there is a sound bar, the volume will be controlled there, not from the TV. Depending on how the two are connected, the signal coming from the TV may be non-variable (meaning the volume is constant).
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickfarm View Post
It appears our "fine" mid coach Jensen TV has an issue that the dealer in Borne doesn't have a clue about. The volume is cannot be turned down. They have ordered and installed a second one and it has the same issue. They took it out and tried it in another Bounder and SURPRISE, the volume cannot be turned down. The service dude said they are "fighting" with Fleetwood, but as it stands now, no wayne no. We are headed to New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming at the end of the month and my guess is the tv will not be usable.
Next, it will be going to Alvarado to the service center after we return.

Anyone having the same issues?

Maybe I don't understand, but don't you have a receiver/amp located in the overhead cabinet above the sofa? If the TV sound is being directed to your receiver, that's where you adjust the volume, not the Tv. Otherwise, if you want sound to come out of the TV speakers, go into Menu/Audio and see if the speakers are turned "off".

David