RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Used Fleetwood Bounder 35K - What to look for?

Hi All,

We are looking to by a used 35K, somewhere in the 2015/2016 range. Hoping for some pointers on what to look for when searching. Your help is much appreciated!
__________________

mromberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
Community Administrator
 
NLOVNIT's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,736
Blog Entries: 1
Bounders are good coaches. Of course, I'm rather biased.

Aside from maintenance records & inspecting the tires for checking/cracks, the main thing I would look at is the furniture fabric. If it is not branded Ultraleather (it will say so on papers taped on the wall inside the wardrobe), then it's the cheap knock off fabric that, if not already, will peel off.

Good luck.

Lori-
__________________

__________________
Lori & Dave - FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2018 Phaeton 40IH & 2014 CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining." Theodore Roosevelt
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Bounders are good coaches. Of course, I'm rather biased.

Aside from maintenance records & inspecting the tires for checking/cracks, the main thing I would look at is the furniture fabric. If it is not branded Ultraleather (it will say so on papers taped on the wall inside the wardrobe), then it's the cheap knock off fabric that, if not already, will peel off.

Good luck.

Lori-
Thatís exactly the kind of info Iím looking for. If itís the cheap knockoff walk away from the deal? Or is there a remedy?
mromberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KY
Posts: 1,415
You want a 2016 or later. That is the year that Fleetwood did a redesign and the F53 chassis went to the 6 speed transmission. The 6 speed is light years better than the previous transmission was. I would strongly suggest you opt for a 30th anniversary edition or later. Easiest way to tell is look at the windows on the bedroom slideout. If they are on the outside facing wall they are an early 2016, if they are on the sides of the slideouts it's the product improvent 2016. A 2015 and a 2016 35K have the same floor plan but the 16 has a lot of improvements and the 30th anniversary and later even more improvements.
May I suggest you look at this thread, it will be a long read but just about anything a prospective 35K buyer will want to know is in it.
2016 Bounder Experience
__________________
Brenda & AL
2017 Thor Venetian, T42 "Groot"
2017 Chevy Sonic, 2014 KTM 690 Duke
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
You want a 2016 or later. That is the year that Fleetwood did a redesign and the F53 chassis went to the 6 speed transmission. The 6 speed is light years better than the previous transmission was. I would strongly suggest you opt for a 30th anniversary edition or later. Easiest way to tell is look at the windows on the bedroom slideout. If they are on the outside facing wall they are an early 2016, if they are on the sides of the slideouts it's the product improvent 2016. A 2015 and a 2016 35K have the same floor plan but the 16 has a lot of improvements and the 30th anniversary and later even more improvements.
May I suggest you look at this thread, it will be a long read but just about anything a prospective 35K buyer will want to know is in it.
2016 Bounder Experience
Very good...thanks!
mromberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 99
test the vacu flush and make sure it flushes (both toilets), without lights flickering and the control panel goes from red -> green without fail, no more than 73 cycles. its location is hard to get to, and if that pump (and parts connected to pump), goes so does your toilet. You don't know if the previous owner abused it and then your stuck with a faulty vacu flush which requires weeks at times to fix/replace.

Run the a/c and make sure its not leaking or making wierd sounds, in conjunction with stove/oven (light it to make sure its operable) and the sensors are not going off.
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:47 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
test the vacu flush and make sure it flushes (both toilets), without lights flickering and the control panel goes from red -> green without fail, no more than 73 cycles. its location is hard to get to, and if that pump (and parts connected to pump), goes so does your toilet. You don't know if the previous owner abused it and then your stuck with a faulty vacu flush which requires weeks at times to fix/replace.

Run the a/c and make sure its not leaking or making wierd sounds, in conjunction with stove/oven (light it to make sure its operable) and the sensors are not going off.
No so true. Depends what year for the vacuflush. '16 and later they moved it to above the propane and easy to access.
Also, I just did some scheduled maintenance on mine (duck bills) and I saw all parts to rebuild an entire system are available on line and from Amazon. Was pretty easy and did the maintenance myself.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
test the vacu flush and make sure it flushes (both toilets), without lights flickering and the control panel goes from red -> green without fail, no more than 73 cycles.
What does this mean?? (73 cycles?)
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
computerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FT on the Road
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
What does this mean?? (73 cycles?)
The vacuflush is a pump (or better a vacuum generator). I guess it does about 2 revolutions (cycles?) per second. So it generally should take about 30 seconds (at about sea level) to shut back off (generate enough vacuum). But in higher altitudes it takes longer.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
The vacuflush is a pump (or better a vacuum generator). I guess it does about 2 revolutions (cycles?) per second. So it generally should take about 30 seconds (at about sea level) to shut back off (generate enough vacuum). But in higher altitudes it takes longer.
I know all that; I have just never heard any reference to "73 cycles." Thanks.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:55 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 99
I replaced the whole vacu flush some months ago, very difficult place on our 14 model, called manuf for parts and they just sent me a brand new vacu pump all assembled, removed old, put in new (hard angles on 14 model), replaced older pvc with a flexible one I got at a marine store (boat parts) adjusted the top part where the motor is to allow for easier removal if needed next time. wish my vacu pump was at a better location haha.
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:04 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KY
Posts: 1,415
Stormy
That's one of the reasons I suggested the OP get a 2016 or newer coach. We had a 2014 for awhile and life was much easier when we upgraded to a 2016 30th Anniversary.
I had to replace the vacuum generator on the 2016 due to debris that got into the pump. Not a difficult job but certainly an unpleasant one.
__________________
Brenda & AL
2017 Thor Venetian, T42 "Groot"
2017 Chevy Sonic, 2014 KTM 690 Duke
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:25 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Great info...thanks to all.
__________________

mromberg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bounder, fleetwood



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fleetwood Southwind 35K :: 2019 Fleetwood Southwind 35K jyjcbs iRV2 Owners Registry 0 01-10-2019 12:56 PM
16 Bounder 35K :: 2016 Fleetwood 35K computerguy iRV2 Owners Registry 0 01-19-2018 04:40 PM
Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K vs. Fleetwood Bounder 35K klebs Class A Motorhome Discussions 7 04-01-2017 09:12 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.