RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #1

Hello all, I have MH in past ,currently with toy hauler.we(our family) has made the choice to go back to a MH 30-34' fleetwood product class A in the 50k-80k range,we are most likley going with used. I was wondering how to find the bottom line with a dealer on used.I know on new its roughly 24% of Msrp,anything else besides NADA guides...I just thought with real estate market here in ca I might be able to find a deal on a used class A...any input would be great Thanks for your time Dave

vtarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #2

Hello all, I have MH in past ,currently with toy hauler.we(our family) has made the choice to go back to a MH 30-34' fleetwood product class A in the 50k-80k range,we are most likley going with used. I was wondering how to find the bottom line with a dealer on used.I know on new its roughly 24% of Msrp,anything else besides NADA guides...I just thought with real estate market here in ca I might be able to find a deal on a used class A...any input would be great Thanks for your time Dave

Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dave, I would forget about the Nada guide altogether. Go to your local bank or credit union and ask the loan department to look at their copy of the Kelly Blue Book for recreational vehicles. They have it for loan values. I found it more useful than NADA.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #4

Rocky, Thanks for that info, but due to the economy,esp here in ca,I thought it might be more of a buyers market due to people having to get rid of toys(usually this would be the first to go) when economy takes a dump. I more less wanted to know expect as far as a good deal on used.....wholesale?????......is used MH just like car shopping ... shot for wholesale?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check the Star and compare the asking prices to the Kelly BB. You will do better with a private party than with either Stiers or RE Barber on any used ones. I bought my new one at Niels down in North Hills. They have used ones on consignment.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:37 AM   #6

Thanks I'll do that.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Try to buy at the NADA LOW RETAIL price (not Average retail), with NOTHING added for anything on the NADA options list. The NADA price is "as typically equipped" and all the significant items are already included in the book price. If you can get it for even less you are getting a darn good deal. If you buy privately, you should be able to get it for less than Low Retail, but a dealer probably will not.

The Kelly Blue Book is used a lot in CA, so you may have to work with that. Unfortunately Kelly does not have their retail price book available online, but a bank or library might give you access.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
VTARIDER,
I agree w/Rocky 2
I purchased my new Bounder 35E from Niel's Motorhomes in North Hills, CA, 877-643-5778, from the owner, Tom Lindstrom and got a 27% cut off list. He's honest, direct and has my sense of humor. Just wheel and deal and you will be satisfied with Niel's. Tell him I said hello!

Steve Bernard
2008 Bounder 35E Ford Triton 362 hp

2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote