Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2015, 07:36 AM   #1

Smile Vacuflush switch

I'd like to confirm the Vacuflush switch is still in the rear bathroom.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One question tho, why would you want to turn off the Vaccu-flush?? I just leave mine on all the time. I have read you don't really want to operate the toilets with it off as it may clog the initial tube area. Just wondering
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #3

Dennis
If your a lucky one and your coach holds vacuum for 24 hours or more it's not that big a deal. If you coach cycles every hour or so your adding a lot of wear. Anytime you know your not going to use the system for a week or more I highly recommend you follow the procedures in the Vacuflush manual to clean out the tubes. Sitting too long with debris in the bellows may jam it and pop the circuit breaker. Now you have to reset the breaker and unjam the clog. Don't ask how I know this.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:42 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Dennis
If your a lucky one and your coach holds vacuum for 24 hours or more it's not that big a deal. If you coach cycles every hour or so your adding a lot of wear. Anytime you know your not going to use the system for a week or more I highly recommend you follow the procedures in the Vacuflush manual to clean out the tubes. Sitting too long with debris in the bellows may jam it and pop the circuit breaker. Now you have to reset the breaker and unjam the clog. Don't ask how I know this.
This is exactly why I have been a big advocate of allowing water to run for 8-seconds after each and every flush,allows complete evacuation of debris,no matter what the manual says,but we never boondock so extra water usage is not a problem for us.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:52 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Dennis
well i will go out and turn it off while it is in storage. i didn't know it was an issue. I have never heard mine cycle except when we use it. I have my unit on a 20AMP service while in storage in my Drive, so it constantly has power. My daughter sometime has sleep overs in it still, but is not allowed to use the Toilet. I guess since it is winterized and all water removed it would be a good idea to just shut the Vaccu flush off. I also do what Rich does and hold the flush down anytime i use it. I am on a well and septic on my land so that is very common habit with my whole family, I have conditioned them to not do a quick flush on any toilet. LOL
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine only cycles when flushed. I can leave it on for days and even weeks and it never cycles. If we are not living in it full time, it is in the driveway plugged in at all times and used as my man cave. Have never heard it cycle and when in man cave mode we don't use the toilets but leave them on. Its a non issue to leave it on.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I recommend going to the (love sea-ray) boat forum and ask, then make the decision for yourself as to weather you want or need to shut off the vacuflush when not in use. Those boaters have been dealing with vacuflush since it's infancy,much,much longer than any of us,ask anyone of those guys for an unbiased opinion,their like the tribal elders of vacuflush.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
Old 12-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #8

Here is a link to a through discussion of vacuflush issues

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/blac...ue-255960.html
Old 12-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If your system is cycling other than when flushed, it is not working properly. You need to have it fixed and then having it on all the time, such as we do when full timing is not an issue. We went all last year living in it full time and it never cycled other than when flushed. If it is working properly there is no undue stress put on the system. by the way, I've owned sea ray's for over 25 years. Never a problem there either however I never lived full time on them. I did have a set of seals go bad on one of the boats but after repair it was never an issue. We would go out for our trip, turn them on and wouldn't shut them off till we pulled back into the harbor sometimes a week later.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:30 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
We would go out for our trip, turn them on and wouldn't shut them off till we pulled back into the harbor sometimes a week later.
Exactly what I said in my prior post WHEN NOT IN USE leave them off.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
Old 12-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Im sorry, I read your post as use toilet and shut off after each visit to the head.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #12

We just took delivery of our 2016 Southwind. The vacuflush noise us a surprise for us. It seems to take 25 seconds to reset and to have the green light come back on; is that about how long it should take?
Thanks
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #13

I have a 2 head vacuflush system thats 20 years old.

When all is well, it only runs after a flush.

I add a little water to the bowl by lifting the pedal, do what I need to do, flush with the pedal to the floor for 3 or 4 seconds and slip my toe off it.

It runs 20 to 25 seconds and shuts down, ready for the next use.

I only shut it down if we are away a week or more or when it needs fixin.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My last coach and my present coach have vacuflush systems. I have always left it on while on the road. Even for weeks at a time. Never hear it cycle unless we flush. At first I never turned it off, even when garaged for weeks or months. Now when not traveling, I turn it off until we leave again.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote