Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
VacuFlush Switch

Apparently the engineer that decided the on/off switch for the VacuFlush in the 2014 Bounder never operated it with the rear slide in, having to climb over the bed.

Has anyone moved or added a second on/off switch, any big deal to the project.

Add to that the indicator lights, why isn't there one where you can see it going down the road. Notoriously, the thing will loose vacuum only when we are driving. Would be nice to see the red/green indicator without going into the mid bath.

Anyone added a third indicator panel?

rm
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #2

I had one on my 2016 Bounder and now both of the toilets in our Southwind. I have been told by multiple sources ...."just leave it on till you are going to store it." We would switch it on when we would start to cool the refrigerator for a trip and turn it off when we get home and park it in the garage for storage. Thats what we did and never had any problems. They said it was designed to be left on. Remember to flush for at least 3 seconds like the instructions say to do.
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Normally I would just leave it on. But the seals are always a concern, even when it was brand new. A little debris would cause a small leak. After a few hours down the road at a stop I'd find the thing dry pumping...who knows for how long; can't be good for it.

I have cold sweat nightmares about having to rebuild/replace the VF pump, so the longer I can put that off the better.

This weekend I'm going to piggy back a switch over the rear on/off switch and mount it in the dash. Second, I'm going to add a few LED indicators by piggy backing the wiring in the midship bath display. Autozone has automotive LED lighting with the right drop resistor so should be as simple as tapping the red/green wires on the display (DNF - OK flush) and BLK for ground. I'll mount them just under the TV where then can be seen by passengers.

ron
Old 04-19-2019, 06:52 PM   #4

Have had to replace my vacuum pump 3 times now, in 3 years. Yes, we live in it full time and since have we have the bath and 1/2..they both work off the vacuum pump. I keep a fully functioning pump in reserve, as when the one being used goes....well, we gott go as well!!! Rebuild when replaced-always have a spare to go!!
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #5

normally we leave the switch on...no problems! They are temperamental for sure...the smallest anything can cause the pump to recharge w/o being flushed. Check the foot pedal thingy when allowing water to fill after flush-I have found sometimes press down a bit, (not so much to flush) then lift.
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
$12 for two (one red/one green) 12v LED indicators (no dropping resister req), two 5/16" holes under TV, a couple of crimp on splice connectors and I have a way to see the status without getting up and walking back into the midship bath.

The indicator panel is located right behind the speaker mesh, spliced into the wires and all is good.

I'm still pondering the piggy backed on/off switch closer to the front of the coach, but that's is going to take a bit planning to route the wiring.

rm
Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 AM   #7

just a quick question on the vac flush, when you are in a park and the grey water is connected to the sewer inlet where the you put the vac flush water hose?
charlesking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:25 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesking View Post
just a quick question on the vac flush, when you are in a park and the grey water is connected to the sewer inlet where the you put the vac flush water hose?
Not sure I understand what you are asking...sorry.

This might help...

VacuFlush is the type (brand) of toilet, it uses a vacuum pump and a macerator to flush the toilet (like on a boat or airplane...).

If you can describe your setup or need a bit, I'm sure someone can answer your question

rm
Old 05-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #9

It has water hose connection to connect a hose and send it some place. The parks i have stayed in didn't have a sewer connection for this connection. So i am wondering where to connect the hose. Most parks require a rubber donut to contain the sewer smells. Thanks for helping, charlie king
charlesking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesking View Post
It has water hose connection to connect a hose and send it some place. The parks i have stayed in didn't have a sewer connection for this connection. So i am wondering where to connect the hose. Most parks require a rubber donut to contain the sewer smells. Thanks for helping, charlie king

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3245.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	244816

This is a macerater pump. I think this is what you keep referring to.

Name:   IMG_3246.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  31.0 KB

This is a vacuflush system. This is what this post is talking all about.

They are two different things that have nothing to do with each other.

The top picture is basically like a garbage disposal for when you pull the valve and are dumping your black tank. It shreds everything and sends it out a smaller hose and has the ability to pump up-hill. It still connects to the same sewer connections that are in almost all RV parks.

The bottom picture is a vacuum pump system that takes what you flush and pumps it from your toilet to where your black tank is.
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:23 PM   #11

Foretravel Owners Club
[QUOTE=rmueller;4732897

I have cold sweat nightmares about having to rebuild/replace the VF pump, so the longer I can put that off the better.

ron[/QUOTE]As a precaution against failures at the worst of times.
I service both the Magnum-Opus toilet seals/ half ball and the vacuum pump bellows & duckbills every 2 years..

(I also clean under the half ball seal with a worn out disposable fingernail file, then lube the underside of the seal with plumbers grease using a stiff Q-tip every 4 to 6 months..

Yes it's a nasty job.. but Ya gotta do what Ya gotta do..to keep SWMBO'd happy...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 PM   #12
Dom

We only turn our vacu flush on when we need to use it. Is this wrong? Don't like the noise every time someone flushes and we are sitting out side. Found for just liquid flushes we just flush, and it takes quite a bit before we have to turn on pump.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:39 AM   #13

There can be issues with leaving urine laying in the plumbing pipes, rather then letting the system vacuum them into the waste tank.

As a long time boater with a Vacuflush system, I've had to clean out my plastic fittings a few times and replace my hoses.

https://www.chemexindustries.com/blo...p-urinal-lines
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:50 AM   #14
Dom

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
There can be issues with leaving urine laying in the plumbing pipes, rather then letting the system vacuum them into the waste tank.

As a long time boater with a Vacuflush system, I've had to clean out my plastic fittings a few times and replace my hoses.

https://www.chemexindustries.com/blo...p-urinal-lines
Thanks Twinboat, Isa gona change my ways!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch