RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshevel View Post
Since we were in Canada at the time we used Marine Outfitters in Kingston Ontario. The vacuflush system has been prominent in boats for some time and the parts are readily available from marine parts suppliers. I also just looked and they are available from Amazon.com

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2018, 08:02 PM   #142

So I replaced my duckbill valves and bellows today. and am having a small problem....It will hold pressure for about an hour then the pump runs for about 20 seconds...Is it likely that my duckbill valves are tweaked and not sealing right? All the pipes are tight...

Old 12-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #143

It could be, they say only hand tight.

It could also be a hose connection. Check all of the clamps from toilet to pump.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #144

Make sure you have a little water in the toilets and make sure that the seals on the ball valves stay covered with water. By far in my experience the most common loss of vacuum was the seals at the ball valve. If the water disappears from around the ball valves you know the source of the leakage.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
It could be, they say only hand tight.

It could also be a hose connection. Check all of the clamps from toilet to pump.
Yeah they were all good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Make sure you have a little water in the toilets and make sure that the seals on the ball valves stay covered with water. By far in my experience the most common loss of vacuum was the seals at the ball valve. If the water disappears from around the ball valves you know the source of the leakage.
Yeah familiar with that problem...bowls were still full of water when it was happening....

Having said that though....Today it is fine, Guessing something just needed to settle in to place or something....
Old 01-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #146

Vacuflush system

Lots of good information on this site. My system is pretty loud which everybody says itís normal. I couldnít find the set screw but didnít take anything apart to try and find it. My 2017 holiday rambler had easy access right above the propane tank. All I did was wrap the pump and the vacuum tank with rubber backed carpet and it quieted down quite a bit. I am assuming that thatís OK I canít imagine the pump getting hot.
jimbok58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 AM   #147

Hi all,

Thank you for all the good information in this thread! I'm ready to attempt some maintenance on my VacuFlush pump in my 2013 Bounder 35K. I was able to remove the panel in the 2nd-to-last bay and see the pump, but it looks like I'll also need to climb into the rear bay to access the panel in there, as well. For those who have done this, what do you find is the best way to get in there--head first on belly, head first on back, something else? Should I be concerned about the bay holding my weight? (I'm about 5'7" and 190 lbs.) Any other tips anyone has for getting in there and working would be helpful!

I don't think I'll mind removing the pump entirely to work on it. That being said, could I have recommendations on what I should purchase (duck bills, bellows, other stuff?) and from whom? As background, I'm the second owner of the coach, and I recently purchased it from the original owners who bought it in 2013. I don't think there are any problems, but I doubt the original owners ever did any maintenance to the system, so I'd like to make sure it's in tip-top shape before we start using it.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:01 AM   #148

You don't need to remove the panel in the compartment behind the pump location. It is very thin in there, thinner than me and there are screws way in back. And there is no usable access from that bay.

Taking the pump out, you need to loosen all screws but only remove the front (to you) screws. The screws are in slots so with the front removed and the rear loosened, you can slide the pump out.

If you have a hard pipe set of elbows from the pump output to the top of the tank, be careful about dislodging that elbow from the tank, it is hard (impossible for me) to get it back in the hole.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #149

I have the same access point in the second to last compartment, but I donít have one in the last compartment, which indeed would make access a lot easier. Iím wondering if that rear access hole was always there, or did someone cut it out? Thinking that might be a good way to go on mine