Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #1

Vacuum Pump Rebuild

I have a 2016 Bounder 35K, we are full timing, and am just wondering how many times can the vacuum pump be 'rebuilt'. I have replaced mine for the 3rd time, rebuilt 2 separate units twice and am now having to rebuild once again. I keep a whole pump and motor at the ready just cuz...and thank God I do, because it will always 'mess out' at the wrong time. And, if you have one, you know it it goes.....you cannot!
Also, along this same line of thought....if you have rebuilt one of these vacuum pumps, do you lubricate/plumbers silicone the "0" rings and/or any other points??
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2019, 10:08 PM   #2

What model do you have?
What is vacuum pump NOT doing?
What are you having to rebuild-----which parts?

2016 ....3 pumps/2 rebuilds

Are non-disposable items getting flushed?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
Duckbills????
We have a Magnum-Opus toilet . just service the pump (and toilet) every other year.
ie: half ball & seal,and the bellows & duck bills on the vacuum pump..
Biggest thing I have to pay attention to is not having a guest use a big wad(s) of TP or try to flush tampons/pads or "Clean Wipes" as they will plug the duckbills then damage the pump bellows..

I'm sure that your pump bellows drive system is the updated version with 4 mounting bolts for the motor and 4 bolt mount for the eccentric drive gearbox..(had to update ours last year..) Our coach is an '02
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180205_201049 (1).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	376.1 KB
ID:	236376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180202_144142 (1).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	236377  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180207_133606.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	236378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180122_153909 (1).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	236379  

SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:09 AM   #4

It is a "S" series pump. When i rebuild it, it includes the bellows, the duck bills (2 pairs), and the O rings. What happens is that the "inner" pleats open up, causing the pump fail. Witnessing by the effluent exiting the pump at the cam bolt area.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 AM   #5

So, you do as "preventive"? I have thought about doing that, but until this 'repair', it has really been a pain to do-so we re-plumbed the hose routes to make the removal much more easy, less contortionist action. I may be putting this on an annual "to do" as well, although 2 of the take downs did not make it a year. YIKES
Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Hmmmm, I was told by my supplier that there was an issue with a production run of bellows (they tried a different/lighter weight bellows material).
You may have gotten some of those..
Old 03-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #7

Who is your supplier? Maybe I can order thru him and since he knows about the issue of compromised bellows.....he may know what the new ones look like vs the old and I can hopefully acquire the "new model". Thanks in advance...
Old 03-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #8

Foretravel Owners Club
https://www.marinesan.com/AboutUs.asp
https://www.environmentalmarine.com/...places-310245/
Old 03-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #9

Thank you so much, I have ordered the rebuild kit this day. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff-the person I spoke to knew all about the deficient batch. Thanks for putting me on to them. Safe travels and God speed
Old 03-06-2019, 12:40 AM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bounder View Post
Thank you so much, I have ordered the rebuild kit this day. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff-the person I spoke to knew all about the deficient batch. Thanks for putting me on to them. Safe travels and God speed
Glad I could help..
Happy Glamping..
Old 03-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #11

Wow! How lucky am I? I full time and have a vacuflush system in my 2008 Bounder and 11 years later it’s still going strong. Sorry you’re having trouble
Old 06-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
VacuFlush failure! Yep our vacuflush for the toilet system failed and when it did it created a hazmat clean up!
2017 Fleetwood pace arrow 36U

Thanks to this sight we found the parts at: Www.marinesan.com

They also put us in touch with a marine mechanic in Portland, shipped the parts directly to the shop and we were back on the road in 2 days.

Our pump, duckbills and bellows were fine. Inside the pump are 2 o-rings, one of the o-rings failed and when it did the pump spit waste out the top of the bellows and all over the basement compartment.

The mechanic said the o-rings are a pain to line up of you don't know what you are doing. A simple little part turned our coach into a stinky waste mess.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebuild