RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Very Disappointing

so i may exchange my winne adventurer for a revolution, but while trying to learn more about the fleetwood i called their customer support with one simple question how much torque does the 8.3 6 cylinder 350hp cummings have.

i was given the answer from robert in tech support: i do not know call cummings or freightliner ask them. to me that is piss poor service and something i am not used to.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #2

A google search will likely give the answer quickly. But you’ll have to type “Cummins”

brentclemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentclemson View Post
A google search will likely give the answer quickly. But you’ll have to type “Cummins”
it does not. that was the first thing i tried i even called cummings and was told to call either fleetwood or freightliner since they ordered engines with different ecm settings
Old 05-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

"it depends" is the general answer for RV diesel engines. The ISC used in the 2002 Rev was 330 hp and 1050 lb-ft of torque. The 2003 went to 350 hp and 1050 lb-ft. In 2006, they had Cat C7 engines instead of Cummins ISC, 350 hp & 860 lb-ft.

If you have a specific engine serial number (ESN), Cummin can tell you how that one was configured, but they don't know in general what engine got put in what chassis and what coach got built on a given chassis.

If you have a chassis VIN, the chassis builder (Spartan or Freightliner) can tell you what engine they put in that chassis.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with Gary, the key to getting the correct information is the VIN. Calling either Fleetwood or Freightliner/Spartan with the VIN should get you the information you are requesting.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Part of the disappointment is that Rev Group has cut back on Customer Service from what Fleetwood used to provide. They pretty much discourage all requests about coaches over 5 years of age, and the support group seems less willing to delve into anything very deeply, even on newer rigs. Little or no troubleshooting help either - it's basically "call your dealer".
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
it does not. that was the first thing i tried i even called cummings and was told to call either fleetwood or freightliner since they ordered engines with different ecm settings

I think you missed the point that Cummings doesn’t exist Cummins does ( spelling and pronunciation) was the point but we all know what you mean
I think most manufacturers are swamped and understaffed. Monaco used to provide great advice and chit chat to non paying customers .. they went bankrupt.
It’s not what you want , but the info and brochures are available online. I know you want to just call and get the info but it’s not just REV group that no longer staffs a knowledgeable customer service info line for anyone but new paying customers .. sad but another good reason for forums
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I think you missed the point that Cummings doesn’t exist Cummins does ( spelling and pronunciation) was the point but we all know what you mean
I think most manufacturers are swamped and understaffed. Monaco used to provide great advice and chit chat to non paying customers .. they went bankrupt.
It’s not what you want , but the info and brochures are available online. I know you want to just call and get the info but it’s not just REV group that no longer staffs a knowledgeable customer service info line for anyone but new paying customers .. sad but another good reason for forums
i do not buy that i call winnebago they looked up the cfm of the duct work of a 06 unit along with the r rating of the floor the roof and the walls the manufacture of the inverter they did have to call me back to look it up but with in 2 hrs i had the information and sine the brochures do not have the information i was looking well that is useless
Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #9

Did you have the VIN or FIN (Fleetwood id #)? I am in my 3rd Fleetwood over a 30 year stretch and they are always very helpful to me. My coach is 12 years old and I have been restoring it, they here from me often. The FIN # is the key here. My coach has the C7 which can be 300hp, 330, or 350hp depending on the order build so the id is crucial to id of components for each coach. Travel often.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
so i may exchange my winne adventurer for a revolution, but while trying to learn more about the fleetwood i called their customer support with one simple question how much torque does the 8.3 6 cylinder 350hp cummings have.

i was given the answer from robert in tech support: i do not know call cummings or freightliner ask them. to me that is piss poor service and something i am not used to.
What year engine?

No offense, and I ain't got no dog in this fight, but Fleetwood didn't build the engine or chassis. They sent Spartan or Freightliner the spec requirements and built a Coach off it.

Your Torque vs Horsepower question has more than one answer.

Truly only the engine serial number can provide the answer.

If you do buy, or have a Cummins powered coach, I highly recommend you get a free (that's a good price) account with Cummins quickserve.
It'll provide you all the data you'll ever need for that engine.

.....and I see your point of view, the REV customer service person should have provided you with a number or info for Cummins customer service.

Perhaps you should call back with a coach question, simelar to what you asked Winnebago, maybe get a better answer.

Any rate I hope it works out for you. The Revolution was a top of the Fleetwood line coach in it's day.
Peace!
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not fair to compare Fleetwood and Winnebago customer service, I know, I've owned both. The last 6 of the Vin will get you a lot of Info about the chassis but even so I called Freightliner with a transmission question and the answer was "call Allison". Calling the right people will answer everything we need about our coaches.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #12

Probably 99% of the Cummins 8.3 ISC 350 hp motorhome engines produce 1050 ft/lbs of torque.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:37 PM   #13

Quote:
how much torque does the 8.3 6 cylinder 350hp cummings have.

I'm afraid you may never know the answer....

Cummins
Peto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
I'm afraid you may never know the answer....

Cummins
Maybe you can
https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/engine/ISC350_specs.pdf