Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
MT

I think I'm about to have a problem on a "new" left over Pace Arrow I bought 4 months ago. On the maiden voyage home it was leaking water. While on the road I called workhorse and fleetwood who told me to take it to the closest dealer I could when I got home, which, second to Fleetwood, is the largest authorized sales/repair service center on the East Coast, and probably US.

They "attempted" to fix it, thought they did, and on it's second voyage more water intrusion, and now VERY apparent damage may be deeper than thought since it sat on dealer's lot so long. Fleetwood DENIED service dealer hours to determine full extent of damage. Can't believe it. I thought I'd be a loyal FLeetwood customer after this purchase.
Anyone have any input? I have told them unsatisfactory answer, and if service dept is denied then it becomes more than arguable breach of warranties, but negligence since dealer will have to move it out of a bay and place it under FL rainstorms where it will become even further damaged. They said "they'd get back to me."

I'm not looking to start legal action yet, but I have started contacting government/state offices.

One office requested me to notify Fleetwood by writing that my coach had been out of service for more than 21 days under New York Lemon Law.
Any help would be appreciated, as up to this, Fleetwood has treated me fairly for repairs, and I'm still willing to stand by them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
MT

I think I'm about to have a problem on a "new" left over Pace Arrow I bought 4 months ago. On the maiden voyage home it was leaking water. While on the road I called workhorse and fleetwood who told me to take it to the closest dealer I could when I got home, which, second to Fleetwood, is the largest authorized sales/repair service center on the East Coast, and probably US.

They "attempted" to fix it, thought they did, and on it's second voyage more water intrusion, and now VERY apparent damage may be deeper than thought since it sat on dealer's lot so long. Fleetwood DENIED service dealer hours to determine full extent of damage. Can't believe it. I thought I'd be a loyal FLeetwood customer after this purchase.
Anyone have any input? I have told them unsatisfactory answer, and if service dept is denied then it becomes more than arguable breach of warranties, but negligence since dealer will have to move it out of a bay and place it under FL rainstorms where it will become even further damaged. They said "they'd get back to me."

I'm not looking to start legal action yet, but I have started contacting government/state offices.

One office requested me to notify Fleetwood by writing that my coach had been out of service for more than 21 days under New York Lemon Law.
Any help would be appreciated, as up to this, Fleetwood has treated me fairly for repairs, and I'm still willing to stand by them.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
MT,
Sorry to learn of your leak problem and difficulties with getting it resolved.

You might want to contact Fleetwood Customer Services at their call center which is open 5 days a week M-F 8:00am-5:00pm ET. Their toll free number is 800-322-8216.

-OR-

You might fill out their Online Complaint Notification Form and send it to them.

-OR-

You could write to them at:

Fleetwood Owner Relations -
Motor Home Group
PO Box 1007
Decatur, IN 46733

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #4

Any update? Did Fleetwood step up to the plate and take care of this?
dmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #5

I am thinking of a new Bounder, but I had water leaks in a Fleetwood 5er.They did not help me as I was the 2nd owner,although it was not a year old .The original owner died in an accident at work .The leaks were a factory fault.You have made my decision to purchase a Tiffin Allegro Bay.
Thank you for saving me a lot of grief.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you can't get it resolved, I'd contact Motor Home Magazine's Hotline. They seem to have a lot of clout and in most cases are able to get issues like yours resolved.

www.motorhomemagazine.com Look for the 'Hotline' link on their web site.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have had friends with leaks on these product lines without ever getting fixed just more damage from water. Only had one of there products now have never had leaks on recent three coachs.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #8

MT, has there been any resolution to your water leakage problem?

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote