RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

Water Heater Tank Water Leaking

2014 bounder 35K

welp, walked out the front door this afternoon to a flood of water flowing by the water tank. opened the water heater door and inside is dry, looked under the bounder where the water heater is located and the tank that is adjacent was leaking from the bottom.

No visible holes or crack, looks to be coming from where a flat panel screwed in is located. Called fleetwood tech support and I could have just as well asked my dogs the question with the amount of help I got from him.

So I'm thinking of see'ing if I can unscrew the flat panel from the bottom of that tank and maybe, hopefully there is just a easy fix? pvc crack? or something that is unrelated to the tank.

thoughts?

thanks for all the great advice I always get from the forum.

bill

stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #2

Got to SEE it before you can FIX it.........

YES....remove the panel and have a look see.

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #3

An obvious place to start, is under the coach near the water puddle with flashlight. Could be the other 3 tanks, black, gray, fresh, hose connections, fittings, etc.

I hope you post us what you find. Good Luck John
Old 05-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #4

Leaking water heater

sorry for delay, was unable to login here. the problem is resolved and here it is: 2014 bounder 35K, looking underneath the bounder where the water heater is, there is a panel. Using a Philips screw driver, remove the single screw.
The panel opens outwards and there is a 1/2" x 1x2" 20"l water hose which takes the water from the either the city water coming in the bounder and into the water heater or from the water heater into the bounder faucets. It was connected to the red line so while I was out getting the hose to replace the broken one, I turned off the hot water line and at least I had the cold water running.

It was a regular flexi mesh type hose, and I used a stronger metal type hose to fix the problem. turned the hot water back on and yes!! no leaks.

bill
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, leak, tank, water, water heater, water leak