Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Water on floor beneath frig

All,

Got up this AM and found a pool of water on the kitchen floor. Dried it up and it appears to be coming from under the frig. Went outside and saw a drip leak on the pipe that connects the water line for the ice maker. It was the connector which went from normal hose to small line to frig. That appears to no longer leak, now.

Is there a pipe under the frig? I have been in my site for approx. 4 days and the water just appeared this AM. No freezing weather. Only thing I think is something got loose on trip to Washington DC from Birmingham.

When did it not appear on first nite? Can a small drip on the exposed line in the outside frig compartment drain all the way into my kitchen and come out from under the corner of my frig inside?

I have no idea how long the outside connection was dripping. It was a steady drip (approx. 1 drip per second).

There is a piece of wood that has 4 screws under the frig. Took out the screws and could not get the piece of wood without damaging the trim. Not sure what that access is for (under the frig).

Any ideas?

Maybe the connection came loose on the trip up and the drip, drip caused the water on my kitchen floor. Just do not know. Was not much water...maybe 4 oz. Like a spilled cup of water on floor.
mdecastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mine did the same thing. Yes, the ice maker line will make that puddle right where you found it. Repair or replace the ice maker line.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:46 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, that was it. I fixed the leak at the connection outside and the water did not reappear inside. Tks!
mdecastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:08 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecastra View Post
When did it not appear on first nite? Can a small drip on the exposed line in the outside frig compartment drain all the way into my kitchen and come out from under the corner of my frig inside?
Short answer: YES it can, and will.. One would think the firdge is sealed inside to out so that can not happen, but that's not the case.

ALSO. if your fridge is a DOMETIC
Dometic and Norcold both have drip lines that drain condensation from the fins outside.. On a Norcold it goes into a "Cup" where theory is it will evaporate (The cup is places in a hot area) on Dometics it is SUPPOSED to extend out through one of the holes in teh outer cover so it drips on teh ground..

When my Rig was new the RV store did not extend it.
When I took it in for the Dometic Recall, I was talking to my service consultant when the tech returned the keys, we were discussing just this, The Tech said "I always put it out".. Right.. First thign I checked when I got back to the RV was... Put it out, the Tech had not.

Tags
water