Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #1

Water valve leaking thru

Well, my latest problem on this road trip...

Neighbor knock on my door tp tell me I had water (or something) leaking from the bottom of the rig a few feet back from the front driver side tire.

Turns out its fresh water. Checking i found my fresh tank is Full and that ws not intentional. I am pumping out the tank using the water pump but itss going to happen again.

I can only assume the shore water/normal/tank valve is broken and letting shore water leak thru the fill line to the FW tank.

Anyone know what I can do as a temporary fix? I can get by with an empty FW tank for the rest of the trip.

Thanks,
Dave
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #2

There is also a back flow valve, internal in the pump head, that could be the issue , so ; unfortunately ; two things to consider.
How long had you been on park water pressure ?
Do you have a GOOD water pressure regulator ?
Till you get things ironed out;
1. monitor the tank level frequently and drain down as required.
2. turn off park water any time you're away from the RV.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #3

DocData, I had the same issue on my 2017 pace arrow. It turned out to be a bad valve in the wet bay. The valve you turn to city water or tank fill. I would have it turned to city water at the rv park and it would fill my fresh water tank. I would monitor my water indicator and release water from to tank when it got above a half of tank. I had The valve changed twice (still under warranty) because the second valve did the same thing. The third valve did the trick.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #4

This is supposedly common...had it on mine and other bouncers have had it happen...Anderson brass has a repair kit that takes 5 minutes...I have heard you can call them and they will send it to you for free. I purchased it from fitzilla.com (part # 200RV-RK...Anderson even has a how to video on how to make the repair...

Item:
http://www.fitzilla.com/Store/page188.html

Video:
http://www.andersonbrass.com/rv_4_fu...ll_station.php
Old 04-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #5

If you are under warranty and purchase the repair kit fleetwood should reimburse you...they did for me.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #6

My Monaco had a stop on both sides and when moved the valve handle to city water it would sometimes continue to fill tank. Removed bumper stop and went about a 1/16 inch further with valve handle an no issue.
Woody57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water