Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #1

Water, Water, every Where

2000 Bounder 39Z, hooked up to city water, Leaks everywhere. looking for a Plumbing diagram to minimize the mess as we open up the floor to remove old broken lines and replace with Pex.
DogHouse Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I feel your pain as I just repaired a broken sink drain behind the slide . Does yours only leak while hooked to a city water supply?
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Community Administrator

FW may have it. I got my 08 from them. 800-322-8216 . Have your FW ID # handy if you call.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had that problem first season when I de-winterized.. Connection below the sink came apart (I put it back together and it's been 8 years).

Thankfully the rig was soaked with bleach water. That does NOT cause mold (kills it in fact). but it was still a mess and took me a while to dry it out.

NOTE: If it is water pouring out from UNDER your RV or out the side where the water heater is, the problem may be simple

There are two Low Point Drains that may have been left open, and a heater drain as well.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #5

Haven't investigated the system off city water., I had water coming from under the sink, bathroom vanity. The underside of the rig was pouring water from the city intake to under the engine.

thankfully in was at the shop to fix the leveling jacks. For our labor day weekend trip. I said off hand, to check the LP, water, and batteries.
It would have been bad that after we arrived Friday night we found this while setting up.

Their going to fix it but I'll be his helper, to help keep cost down.

I e mailed FW asking if they had the plumbing layout too. No response yet.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse Jim View Post
Haven't investigated the system off city water., I had water coming from under the sink, bathroom vanity. The underside of the rig was pouring water from the city intake to under the engine.

thankfully in was at the shop to fix the leveling jacks. For our labor day weekend trip. I said off hand, to check the LP, water, and batteries.
It would have been bad that after we arrived Friday night we found this while setting up.

Their going to fix it but I'll be his helper, to help keep cost down.

I e mailed FW asking if they had the plumbing layout too. No response yet.
What a bummer, Jim. Hope they get you fixed up. You probably won't hear from FW until Monday; they are not in the office on the weekend.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
What a bummer, Jim. Hope they get you fixed up. You probably won't hear from FW until Monday; they are not in the office on the weekend.

And a call to the # I gave you will get a faster response on Monday.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #8

I think your system is Pex already. The 02's used Pex
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #9

no, unfortunately, it's a cheap PVC. Still trying to figure out what caused this total failure. I could understand one break at a time, but all lines.

I keep trying to figure out what I did, or failed to do that may have caused this.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #10

Jim: Is it that grey PVC? If so it is the water that kills that tubing. There was a huge class action suit. But I have never read of this being a huge problem in Fleetwoods. I would first try and find the source of the leaks. Are you sure it is inside the floor(s)? You might isolate parts of the water system and find the leak. Not fun. In later years they used Pex . I went through the PA plant and they had a fantastic system. All the water lines were preassembled and tested. All the workers who did that job had to be certified by the tubing mfr.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse Jim View Post
2000 Bounder 39Z, hooked up to city water, Leaks everywhere. looking for a Plumbing diagram to minimize the mess as we open up the floor to remove old broken lines and replace with Pex.

Have a water pressure regulator? If not, Maybe the city water pressure surged to 150 or more causing multiple connector failures at once?
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #12

Sounds to me like it froze?

Just wanted to suggest you use air to check while trouble shooting any further. Much easier to clean up following an air leak rather than water....

Tags
water