Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool Wax, Polymer or nothing

I am am on my fourth RV and have always waxed it or lately coated my Fleetwood 35K, 2015 with Mequiar's polymer 21. I know the unit is plastic coated...am I wasting my time? I wash and coat once a year. It looks great, is it worth it? I am asking those of you who have enjoyed a unit for a number of years and do not wax or coat the unit at all. Does it hold up well? Shall I just wash it and leave it go at that?
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've used Dry Wash & Guard for many years. Water just runs off and takes most of the dirt with it. Use it on the windows and windshield so I don't need the wipers very often. Spray on and wipe off. Can't usee it if the rig is wet though which can be a problem where we live. Full sun in Yuma is no problem though
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #3

Have wax, looking at polymer so following this thread.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would highly suggest chemical guys they make great products that don't break the bank. Yes it's time to give up the old wax and go with a polymer based wax.

Chemical Guys - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #5
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I would highly suggest chemical guys they make great products that don't break the bank. Yes it's time to give up the old wax and go with a polymer based wax.

Chemical Guys - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)

OK. I'm always looking for something better. Why should I use it? How long does it last? How does it work on the front end of your coach? Bugs wash off easier? What kind of car wash do you use? What is you experience to it standing up in the sun (We live in Florida)? Does your coach live outside when not it use or is it under cover? Seems the reviews are people with cars and trucks. I'm looking for RV experience.

I recently started to use Wash Wax All. It seem to do well on the sides and back of the coach, but I don't think much better than Spray and Wax by Turtle Wax.

Thanks
Ed
Old 08-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool Meguiar's Synthetic Glaze 2.0, or Camping World

I am a fan of Meguiar's products. I used the cleaner wax in the past and now progressed to the synthetic glaze. It lasts over a year. I live in NJ and cover it during the winter. I am now coating it again and the last coat is still good. I also coat the windows, not the windshield. I coat the Bounder 35 K about every fourteen months or so. I wash it well, scrub the roof and then coat the unit....not the roof it would be too slippery. I do coat the plastic on the roof to prevent sun damage. I use two different buffers and lambs wool pads. The total time is 12 hours. I work in two hour shifts around the sun. It should be kept in the shade and put on very lightly. Too much is harder to remove. It has worked great on the cars. I have a question...has anyone ever used Camping World detailing. They charge $15 a foot for a unit. For mine 35 X $15 = 5525...is it worth it?
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Polymer on 2016 Bounder 35K

Been using Rejex liquid polymer (http://www.rejex.com} on my 2016 Bounder and am very pleased with the resulting gloss. Can adjust your tie in the reflection of the Autumn Breeze paint scheme.
Manufacturer recommends allowing the application to cure about 12 hours.
I keep the Bounder sheltered in a huge quonset out of the elements.
16.8 oz bottle costs about $17.
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #8
mre

My
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno347 View Post
Been using Rejex liquid polymer (http://www.rejex.com} on my 2016 Bounder and am very pleased with the resulting gloss. Can adjust your tie in the reflection of the Autumn Breeze paint scheme.
Manufacturer recommends allowing the application to cure about 12 hours.
I keep the Bounder sheltered in a huge quonset out of the elements.
I have used Rejex. I thought it was a decent product, just over priced. I base quality in part on how well it holds up on the front of the coach. Yes it lasted longer, but when I looked at price, the length of time it lasted was not proportional to the price difference between Rejex and what I was using. Since I was frequently cleaning bugs off anyway, I found the need to retreat frequently as I found it did not hold up as long as areas that did not require frequent cleaning.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #9

Never have liked waxing cars, much less a 31 ft box. New unit is painted with a clear coat. Keeping it washed with a car wash and wax, and then following that up with Lucas Slickmist. It can be applied wet or dry and provides a very nice shine.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Never have liked waxing cars, much less a 31 ft box. New unit is painted with a clear coat. Keeping it washed with a car wash and wax, and then following that up with Lucas Slickmist. It can be applied wet or dry and provides a very nice shine.
Can you answer the questions I ask "silvrhand" above about Jetseal?