Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Waxing the Revolution

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Revolution LE, I want to get it all cleaned up and waxed. Starting with the roof, what is the best wax for the fiberglass roof. Next I will clean and wax the body, what is the best wax for full paint body? Is Red Max Pro 3 ok for full paint?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #2

I just purchased two bottles of Rejex which is an aircraft wax after a lot of recommendations on irv2 but have only used it on my Harley so far. It requires the temp to be below 85 in order to apply and cure and that's not gonna happen in Ms for a couple of months so I tried it on my bike and it worked great, easy to apply and buff off and bugs just rinse off with a water hose. So far I am more than pleased, I'll do the MH this fall when it cools down a little.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #3

Everybody has their favorite "wax". I am currently using Turtle Wax Ice. It is the only one that I have used more than once. It is like putting another clear coat on the rig. It is easy to apply and buff and does not leave any white residue.
I just could not bring myself to put floor wax on my motor home.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
I just purchased two bottles of Rejex which is an aircraft wax after a lot of recommendations on irv2 but have only used it on my Harley so far. It requires the temp to be below 85 in order to apply and cure and that's not gonna happen in Ms for a couple of months so I tried it on my bike and it worked great, easy to apply and buff off and bugs just rinse off with a water hose. So far I am more than pleased, I'll do the MH this fall when it cools down a little.
Ditto on the RejeX. We wax our coach in the spring or late fall when the temps are not too hot. One gentleman posted that they used RejeX on their sail boat when the temp was in triple digits. He did a little at a time and didn't let it get baked on before wiping off the excess. The pictures he posted looked great.

RejeX

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

I used Mequiars Gold Class paste wax twice on our older Winnie - decent shine, but tiring and time consuming to apply and polish. I just yesterday tried Mequiars cleaner/polish liquid wax - and WHAT a difference in application and shine! The 23 year old girl looks nearly new now!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same paint on my Discovery. Meguiars RV/Boat wax worked really well. I have also heard that their premium wax is a good choice, nonetheless, you can't beat the quality of Maguiars.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #7

Re body wax, I've used Meguiars products for years on many different vehicles....street rods, classics, boats, m/cycles and, now, the Revolution. Results are always excellent, and the products are vey easy to apply and remove.

One thought. Just finished (today) doing our somewhat new-to-us 2003 Revolution using a Chicago brand 10" Random Orbital Polisher/Waxer. Bought it at Harbor Freight for about $24 or so.....using one of their 20% off coupons. The thing is great and makes the whole job so much easier and faster than doing it solely by hand. Of course, their are numerous areas that require hand waxing, but the polisher/waxer makes short work of the large slabs on our motorhomes. If you go this route, suggest you also get a couple packages of the 10" waxer/polisher pads sold separately. You will get a couple with the orbital, but these are secured by strings and just don't stay as tight as necessary. The other ones fit snuggly over the orbitor's pad.

Works for me. Please let us know how you make out....Thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #8

I see that the Turtle Wax Ice doesn't leave a white residue, how about the Meguiars? I'd love to find something that doesn't leave me with a toothbrush in my hand for hours when I'm 'done' waxing.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #9

Mequiars flagship for boats with Sams club microfiber towels for removal.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #10

Isn't you roof rough as coarse sand paper mine is,I just keep it clean with a wash and wax.I use paste wax and a random polisher to remove followed by a micro fiber. If you have oxidation or it hasn't been waxed in awhile it probably will take a decent wax and random polisher not a synthetic polish.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank everyone, I think I will try the Mequiars. As for the roof, yes it is rough as coarse sand paper. I did wash and wax it last Sept. but thought it needed it again. And of course I was looking for something easy. I also want to recaulk, any suggestion?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #12

Re recaulk, suggest you do a search on this forum....an absolute goldmine of info and experience on the subject. After much research here, last Fall I decided to "do" our Revolution. Used a combination of Eternabond tape, Dycor and ProFlex sealants. Your search will give you much info on these products as well as the do's, don'ts and the in-betweens.

There is a very informative post somewhere here with pics of how a fella used Eternabond tape on the roof/side seams and end caps and made it look "factory"....very nicely done. I did a similiar treatment, flowing the end cap tape into the side seam tape...worked well for me. Kinda came out looking like it was designed that way....a relief for sure! Also did a lot of sealing up on the roof. There is some excellent info on the web (videos, pics, etc.) re Eternabond and how it is applied. Same for the other sealants.

If you go the Eternabond route, I STRONGLY suggest you get the heavy duty roller available from them or from other vendors selling the product. It may be the best $25 you will spend when you tackle this job. The thing really works. Also suggest you web shop since pricing for the Eternabond and roller can vary significantly.

Good luck, and please let us know how you make out....
Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks again for everyone's help. I am slow but things are coming along, I scrubbed the roof with soap and water and a scrub brush, It looks great, next I bought the Eternabond tape. I used the whole 50' and will go to get more tomorrow and finish the job. Hopeful the roof will be leek free. I did buy the Mequiars wax for the body of the RV. I will keep you posted and maybe even a picture, if I can figure out how to upload one or two to the thread.