RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #1
Member
 
MEWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
Blog Entries: 16
We got it today. 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

It had 1593 miles when we picked it up. It looks like it had never been used. It drives like a dream.

If anyone has any Discovery "must know" tips, please send em. I need to know everything I can.

If you have not read the story its at

iRV2 Forums - MEWright

This has been an interesting experience with an amazing ending.

We are looking forward to taking this big boy out soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left side small pic.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	222328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Side small.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	222329  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Master small.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	222330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen small.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	222331  

__________________

__________________
Michael Wright
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2016 Jeep Rubicon 4 door
MEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
Congrats. Just picked up my 2013 40g a few months ago. I had a palazzo 36.1 that was a complete lemon. There is no comparison between the two, the discovery is in a different solar system. Leaving for our first trip on Monday, So Cal to Nashville.
__________________

__________________
2013 Discovery 40g.
lakings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
Community Administrator
 
NLOVNIT's Avatar


 
Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 25,805
Blog Entries: 1
She's a beauty - love the colors (I'm biased though). Congrats on your new-to-you Discovery. Wishing you many happy miles.

Lori-
__________________
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 30
We have an 2018 and love it we have put around 10,000 miles on it so far. Enjoy!
__________________
2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G
Cummins ISL9 380/1150
Allison 3000 MH 6 Speed
Dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEWright View Post
It had 1593 miles when we picked it up. It looks like it had never been used. It drives like a dream.

If anyone has any Discovery "must know" tips, please send em. I need to know everything I can.

If you have not read the story its at

iRV2 Forums - MEWright

This has been an interesting experience with an amazing ending.

We are looking forward to taking this big boy out soon.
Here's the absolute best place to learn about your new Discovery:
https://www.discoveryowners.com/

It's worth many time more than the annual membership fee.
__________________
John & Carolann
2017 Fleetwood Discovery 38K
2016 F-150
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Fiesta48's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,181
15 Discovery here with same paint but a 40E, no bunks.
Chassis is reliable, but I have added Koni FSD shocks and Roadmaster Reflex steering assist is case of blowout. Standard Sachs shocks have no compression dampening. = more sway.
Carry tools we've had lots of small coach problems. After 3.5 years water pump, ice maker and water heater stopped. I fixed. I also do all servicing, not hard to do.
I drive 55-60 and get 8.8 mpg pulling an Accord.
You have at least 3 recalls to get done at Cummins/Freightliner. Call with Vin #.
No regrets buying.
Call ahead with reservations, getting harder to find good parks.
__________________
Full Timers.
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E on a Freightliner XCS chassis with a Cummins ISL9 pulling 1 and/or 2 motorcycles, '07 Honda Accord OR a 17' Runabout Boat.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
vito.a's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,732
Congratulations! You sure have been through a lot.
Wishing you many happy trails in your new coach.
__________________
97 Monaco Windsor- Sold
07 Monaco Executive McKinley- Sold
04 Monaco Signature Chateau IV
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
Member
 
MEWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
Blog Entries: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
15 Discovery here with same paint but a 40E, no bunks.
Chassis is reliable, but I have added Koni FSD shocks and Roadmaster Reflex steering assist is case of blowout. Standard Sachs shocks have no compression dampening. = more sway.
Carry tools we've had lots of small coach problems. After 3.5 years water pump, ice maker and water heater stopped. I fixed. I also do all servicing, not hard to do.
I drive 55-60 and get 8.8 mpg pulling an Accord.
You have at least 3 recalls to get done at Cummins/Freightliner. Call with Vin #.
No regrets buying.
Call ahead with reservations, getting harder to find good parks.
I saw you are in TX, Would you be close to Austin?
My RV Data power controller did not get programmed by fleetwood. I am about to send to to Precision Circuits in IL to program.

They told me that if I could find a Discovery 40G with 8KM onan I could plug my controller into another one and it would clone.

If you have this controller and are close by it would help me allot. It is very simple. 4 screws and a phone wire plugged into the back. Precision said it would take about 2 minutes.

They told me the units have to have same power equipment, full sized fridge (The large fridge option) 3 AC, elect water heater. If they are the same it would clone your program onto my monitor then when I hook it back to mine, my monitor would clone to the actual controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181015_105418.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	222654  
__________________
Michael Wright
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2016 Jeep Rubicon 4 door
MEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #9
Member
 
MEWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
Blog Entries: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEWright View Post
I saw you are in TX, Would you be close to Austin?
My RV Data power controller did not get programmed by fleetwood. I am about to send to to Precision Circuits in IL to program.

They told me that if I could find a Discovery 40G with 8KM onan I could plug my controller into another one and it would clone.

If you have this controller and are close by it would help me allot. It is very simple. 4 screws and a phone wire plugged into the back. Precision said it would take about 2 minutes.

They told me the units have to have same power equipment, full sized fridge (The large fridge option) 3 AC, elect water heater. If they are the same it would clone your program onto my monitor then when I hook it back to mine, my monitor would clone to the actual controller.
Sorry, I just saw you are up in Sherman. Thanks. I will ship it off. Enjoy the rain.
__________________
Michael Wright
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2016 Jeep Rubicon 4 door
MEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 261
Read your blog, you have done everything so correctly it is astonishing.

Congratulations on the new coach and even more so, congratulations to the dealership for making it right.

I am happy to read there are still places out there with high standards.

Best of luck,
Terry
__________________
1996 Fleetwood Bounder 36S
P32 7.4 L.
Our first motor home AKA Marjorie
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
MikeO58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 388
If you are experiencing squeaking from dash pull out generator and look up. I found about half of the nuts and washers missing. I bought some nylock nuts and double nutted them all.
__________________
Mike & Kelly
2017 Discovery 40E Freightliner Cummins 380hp
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
MikeO58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 388
Oh ya congrats. Love the colors
__________________
Mike & Kelly
2017 Discovery 40E Freightliner Cummins 380hp
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #13
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO58 View Post
If you are experiencing squeaking from dash pull out generator and look up. I found about half of the nuts and washers missing. I bought some nylock nuts and double nutted them all.
I just looked at mine yesterday because of the squeaking dash. I was missing 3 nuts, another one was about to fall off and the last 2 were lose.
__________________
2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G
Cummins ISL9 380/1150
Allison 3000 MH 6 Speed
Dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 684
Nice ride! We really liked the floor plan and almost pulled the trigger on an lxe
__________________

kpecks is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Discovery 40G outdoor radio fuse location Nathan951 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 3 11-19-2017 06:51 AM
Walked through a Fleetwood Discovery 40g today. GEM1N1 Class A Motorhome Discussions 12 09-25-2017 05:27 PM
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G techminer iRV2 Owners Registry 0 01-05-2017 08:31 PM
Fleeetwood 40G :: 2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G Statgeek iRV2 Owners Registry 0 10-04-2016 12:45 PM
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G questions AZgl1500 Class A Motorhome Discussions 8 12-11-2010 07:56 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.