RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #1

Wet carpet in bedroom

This has happened only twice during very heavy rains, predominantly blowing in that side. During 'normal' rains we have no issue. It is not really sopping wet, but enough to cause concern. Carpet dries fairly quick with a fan blowing on it. Has anyone else had this happen? The seals both inside and outside get regularly maintained with 303 and or Silicone spray (not at the same time-but more or less alternately).

16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Living in the '16 Bounder for over a year now I have been fortunate not to have this (and 40mph winds with driving rain yesterday in NJ). But I can say that I can see how it would happen. The seals don't really seal. They are very soft rubber and any driving rain might be driven thru. If expecting rain with wind you might want to check the overlapping sections at the top and "clean" them up a bit. You can easily see light if you look at those areas at the top and bottom of the slides. Also check your level of the rv.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #3

The bedroom on our 2016 33C is just slightly askew and at the very top of the side seal there is a slight gap. Twice we have been in a horrendous rain did we have rain into the side.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:31 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep - had rain a few times coming into our bedroom slide.

Under warranty took it to REV and they "fixed" something... haven't noticed any water coming in since then (from that location).
https://www.nomadsumc.org/
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:45 AM   #5

2016 34T water has come in the bed room somewhere, had it REV three times to get fixed and they haven't been able and now refused to work it more,IMHO their motto should be who better to mess up your coach then the ones who messed it up leaving the factory. My wet spot shows up in the middle of the floor just inside the door.Carpet around slide is dry. no leaks in the plumbing for the bathroom or the water closet. Looking under the floor there is a seam in the floorboards I can see in the compartments underneath, my guess is the outside trim between the sidewall and floor is leaking, the water follows the gap between the two floorboards and shows up in the bedroom carpet. As I said REV has had three times and hasn't fixed it and refuses to do anymore work it out of warranty and I certainly wont pay them with anything worth more than Monopoly money.
3014oliver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet