RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #1

Where are the slide out relay controls?

I'm a newbie to the forum; hope I'm doing this right. I have a 2008 Fleetwood Terra 32 with two slide outs no longer working. In my troubleshooting I find no 12v power to the in/out control switch. I provided 12v to the switch and the slideouts will work. I need to locate the fuse that feeds it or where that wiring originates. Never have been able to locate the relay control boards. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

voguem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know your coach, but each mfg has a given sequence that needs to be followed, for instance, you may have to be in park, with the parking brake on, and the engine running......or the engine not running, but key in the on position.

And make sure your salesman switch is on, assuming you have one by the front door steps.

Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Slide out circuit breaker and relays should be found in the battery control center (BCC) normally located in the first basement bay behind the entry door. Schematic and troubleshooting tips attached.
Battery+Control+Center.pdf
Blandry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Also Kiwah is correct - engine must be running and parking brake engaged to operate slides.
Blandry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's the schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6378.JPG
Views:	572
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	151155

Name:	IMG_0063.JPG
Views:	571
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	151156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandry29 View Post
Slide out circuit breaker and relays should be found in the battery control center (BCC) normally located in the first basement bay behind the entry door. Schematic and troubleshooting tips attached.

Attachment 151154

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #6

Thanks for the inputs. I do realize that parking brake must be engaged and the power feed to the in/out switch comes from the engine on. I'm not getting the +12v from the parking brake. Thanks for the BCC picture and board layout, but not sure if the +12v from the parking brake goes through here. A schematic diagram of this would be helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:32 PM   #7

The F53's I've worked on have a fuse block on the floor by the drivers left foot. My switches for the slides get their power from a 10A fuse there.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguem View Post
... A schematic diagram of this would be helpful.
See post #3 of the thread. Blandry29 posted it already.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #9

I do not find any indication that the +12v signal that goes to the In/Out slide control switch goes through the BCC. The 12v power that feeds the slide motor does. I have checked all fuses in the BCC, the power distribution box and the fuses located in the cabin dash. I can not locate where the wires originate that go to the In/Out slide control switch, which is located above the door on the inside. As indicated, I can run a separate +12v to the I/O switch to operate the slide out. Looks like this may be the way I have to go for now.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #10

I have a new coach so YMMV.
My controls in this here little box right next to my inverter. There is a fuse on the controller in green.
If that doesn't help I suggest giving Fleetwood Customer Service a call. They are usually very helpful. 800-322-8216
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	151359   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1351.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	151360  

computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #11

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I'm interested because I'm having the identical problem...my PowerGear slides ('07 Fleetwood Southwind, Ford F53 chassis) just stopped working, and like you I've discovered the switches aren't getting any 12V power. You said you could get your slides to work by "applying a separate 12V to the switch"...how did you do this? 12V DC power supply between the center wire and the "in" or "out" wires?

Thanks...Don, stuck in cramped quarters 'cause my slides don't work
DonJonesNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #12

The best I could determine, the relay is in the same general area as the power converter, under the refrigerator. Never could find it for sure, but I believe the refrigerator must be removed to get access. I had already tapped into a 12v supply and wired it to the in/out control switch. In my case the slide control switches are located above he entrance door. There was a lamp located close by just under an over head cabinet next to the door. I did have to drill a hole to hide the wire. All is working fine now.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #13

I am inrerested in this thread also because I have a 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta and I was wondering where the relays were in case I have trouble some day.I suppose a good way to find out would be to disconnect the motor and have DW to push the in and out switch and listen for the click.
papp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #14

So just to provide an update in case anybody finds this useful....

The Battery Control Center document attached by Blandry29 was very useful if for nothing else than eliminating the fuses in there as the issue.

Google search also turned up a helpful doc, the Ford doc for people building motorhomes (or whatever) on the F53 chassis... https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...f5306mtrhm.pdf. This doc includes a description of all the fuses in the chassis fuse block down by the drivers left foot.

I also did what voguem suggested as a test. Back in the bedroom, there's a 12V light switch right next to the bedroom slide control. I took both of them off the wall, removed the 12V supply wire from the light switch (used my meter to determine which was which), applied the 12V wire to the center pole on the slide switch...voila, bedroom slide works. (Engine was running and parking brake applied). Clearly the issue is not the motor or anything other than the supply voltage to the switch(es).

I called Fleetwood tech support (number posted previously in this discussion, also available under Menu->Contact Us on their website) and they were most helpful. Several schematic documents were sent to me. One in particular shows the slide switches being powered from "ignition run only #529 @ dash harness". Another (the "Master_Electrical_Circuit_List") identifies circuit 529 as "Slide-out Ignition Power", which seems to be consistent. So someplace under that dash is a green 14-gauge wire, possibly labelled "SO IGN PWR". Off to see if I can find it.

Now, if I knew where exactly that wire was, I could probably fix my problem.

DonJonesNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out