Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #1

I have a Fleetwood 2001 Flair 30H. I tried to test an outlet using a Radio Shack voltage analyzer, the little yellow plugin unit. It apparently tripped the GFI circuit. The Fleetwood manual tells you to reset it by pushing the reset button, but not where it is located.

The problem is all of the oulets I can find look like typical GFI outlets and have a little label saying they are GFI, but none have the test and reset buttons normally found on these types of outlets.

I know they can be protected by a GFI breaker, but none of the breakers I have found look like GFI breakers. I have reset all breakers in panel below the refrigerator.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #2

I have a Fleetwood 2001 Flair 30H. I tried to test an outlet using a Radio Shack voltage analyzer, the little yellow plugin unit. It apparently tripped the GFI circuit. The Fleetwood manual tells you to reset it by pushing the reset button, but not where it is located.

The problem is all of the oulets I can find look like typical GFI outlets and have a little label saying they are GFI, but none have the test and reset buttons normally found on these types of outlets.

I know they can be protected by a GFI breaker, but none of the breakers I have found look like GFI breakers. I have reset all breakers in panel below the refrigerator.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Lampooner,

Welcome to iRV2, we're glad to have you here and are looking forward to your posts about your RVing experiences in your Fleetwood Flair.

Many RV's will have the GFI outlet with the reset button in the bathroom, others will put it in the kitchen area near the sink. A few may have a circuit breaker with a GFI reset button.

Some of these buttons are real small and are generally in the middle of the outlet. Good luck with locating it and we're glad you joined iRV2.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #4

The reset button is going to be located ether near the bathroom sink or its going to be near the kitchen counter top area (WET AREAS), if you look closely at ether of the plug-in receptacles in these locations you will notice that one or both may have 2 small pop out reset buttons between the plug inlets, one will be RED the other GREEN, if you have shorted or overloaded something the red button will need to be pushed back in until it clicks shut, this will let the power flow to the other outlets, if you cannot find the above described outlets then you may have a Master GFI located in the main wall box that will have reset buttons or a little toggle switch that will need to be reset.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #5

Mine are just as cpo3 indicated. Except that I do not have the colors, mine are both white which make it hard to even see them unless you look close...
Old 08-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #6

I believe you will find that if properly installed/wired, all outlets "downstream" of the GFI unit will be protected.

Vern in Duvall, Wa..

2004 Vectra 40 AD Cummins 350 W/Banks power package
2004 PT Cruiser, GT, Turbo, w/5 speed
Blue Ox Avanta 3 & Blue Ox tow plate W/Brake Buddy
Good Sam, long time Thousand Trails, & considering FMCA
Old 08-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lampooner, welcome to iRV2. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and expereices. You may need to look in on of the basement compartments as I have on occasion found the GFI receptacle there. Good luck and let us know if we can be of any further help.
06 Saturn Vue & 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 toads
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #8

Thanks to all who responded. I finally found it. It was in the bathroom. I had cleverly hid it behind a nightlight I had plugged in. The buttons were white that did not help either.

Thanks again.