Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #1

Which one to buy

Hi All,

Hubby is retiring in February and we're planning on full-timing...at least for a few months to see if we like it.

Anyway...still have to buy a motorhome. Looking at a 2004 Fleetwood PACE ARROW 37A and wondered if anyone has any opinions on whether this would be a good option.

Thanks
Barbara
AloraDanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #2

My previous coach was a Pace Arrow and I had zero problems with it. If you like the layout, the condition, the styling, the price, and can see from service records that it has been properly maintained then you should be fine.

Good luck with your purchase and hope it all works out for you.
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barbara,

About 15 months ago I bought a 2004 South Wind 37c, which is similar to the Pace Arrow. We have the Workhorse chassis, and it had 17 K on the Clock. Since then we have driven over 10,000 more miles. Other than routine repairs with any coach, like faucets and such, the biggest problem we have had is, Foggy Windows. All 12 windows failed, and we recently had 7 repaired. Motor and Transmission have been without fail. A Gasser is louder and has a harsher ride. But for us the price was right.
Hope this helps.

LEMO
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought a 98/99 Pace Arrow in Feb. 2007. We have been out west three times 2007,08,09. We had zero problems. We have put almost thirty thousand miles on it. Love it. I installed airbags and it improved the ride a bunch. Also insulated the engine cover and it helped the noise level a lot.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wife and I have an 05 Southwind 37C which as stated above is quite similar to the Pace, We love it and have had no major problems with it.
Go for it if you like it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #6

We had a 2002 Pace Arrow on a workhorse chassis with the big Chevy V8. It was a great coach, never had a problem with it.

We also have had a Coachmen Mirada with the V10, liked the Chevy a lot more. The V10 is a high revver and the ford chassis was a rougher ride than the workhorse, just my opinion.

All things being equal, (which most of the time they arn't), I believe the 37A has the all in one bath, private bath, that was the same layout on our Pace Arrow. We really liked that vice the split bath.

Hope you enjoy your new Motorhome.

Happy Trails
Jim
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote