Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
I have noticed that you don't see a lot of American Coaches out there. We go to an RV park or campground and 99% of the time we are the only American Coach there. Sometimes we may see 1 other.
Motorhome magazines do not feature articles on American Coach (at least I have yet to see one) and in RV FB groups, there don't seem to be hardly any AC owners.
Why do you suppose this is?
Do people just not know about AC?
It's a beautiful, high quality, well built, and IMHO luxury motorhome. Why is there not more "buzz" about American Coach?
They're out there and in numbers. Also many that only carry the Fleetwood name, like ours.
I also find that the American Coach Yahoo Forums is one of the most active I've seen and hopefully you're a member.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Wow, ouch, sorry.

Just offering an opinion.

Could it be cost point? People with lots of money buy the very high end stuff and then there are the budget mined people and the American Coach does not satisfy either of them?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Glenn
Sorry if my answer offended you in some way. I never intended to.
My only point was on price that other brands sell coaches that cost just as much and some even more that our coaches.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #17

I never thought I seen that many till I bought one...Now that I find myself looking for them, there's more of us than you think!
Mine also has a Fleetwood badge on it

Formerboater, I'm digging the teal paint!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1482285595391.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	147154  
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
Most of them are at the Decatur service center.
And you say this based on your experience?
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Wow, ouch, sorry.

Just offering an opinion.

Could it be cost point? People with lots of money buy the very high end stuff and then there are the budget mined people and the American Coach does not satisfy either of them?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Glenn
My apologizes! I meant no disrespect!
I just don't think cost is the reason. I could be wrong, of course.
It seems AC is being over looked. I know what we paid for our 2015 new AC and it's reasonable compared to comparable coaches.
Maybe be it's because AC hasn't really come out with anything ground breaking? They just keep consistently building great coaches.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
Most of them are at the Decatur service center.
Ummmm..... no.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
I never thought I seen that many till I bought one...Now that I find myself looking for them, there's more of us than you think!
Mine also has a Fleetwood badge on it

Formerboater, I'm digging the teal paint!
Yes, but ours doesn't even carry the American name and there's a bunch of these types out there and in hiding, if you will.
Ya know, like one of the good ole Mitsubishi motor cars that only carried the ...Dodge Colt... badge.
As for budget vs quality, we have a thing for both and why we bought ours 9 yrs old.
Still looks new of course and at 33K miles, it was just about broke in, when we bought it.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I rarely see them when we're in a state park, but if we're staying at a Class A resort, then I see quite a few. If you want to see a BUNCH of AC's, attend a FMA or AC rally. They're there in droves!

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #23
Community Administrator

Here's a link to their Rally schedule.

http://americancoach.com/rv-events

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:34 PM   #24

In 2014 I went to Tampa to the super show to find a new motorhome. We went to see Entegra and Newmar. Although I knew Tiffin didn't have what I was looking for, I figured I'd look at them also. We spent a day and a half going through the Entegras and Newmars, most of them more than once. I had five things in a new coach I didn't want to compromise on. Electric floor heat, Silverleaf, 500+hp, rear bath, and air leveling. Couldn't find it. We'd been walking by the American display for 2 days, so we decided to take a look. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of American. As you can see by my sig, everything worked out and I didn't have to compromise.
I think in the west we leaned toward Monaco's and Country Coaches for years because they were built out here. When they went under we had to start looking elsewhere and American had very little presence here. In 2014, as far as I know, the closest dealer to me was Lazy Days in Tucson. It's hard to get interested in coaches that one can't see and I touch.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
So twice now, we have run trades between Entegra, Newmar, and American Coach. We included thoughts from the folks we know in two class A resorts that we winter and summer. My thoughts, AC tended to be a higher price than Entegra and similar to Newmar for the same level coach (Cornerstone, London Aire, and Eagle). AC had more desirable floor plans, as did Newmar, than Entegra. The two most common negatives, salesmen that turned me (for example an AC salesman who told me that AC had gotten with Entegra to help them out with what they needed to do to make their coach more competitive and desirable) of and owners who had had significantly negative experiences with maintenance/issues with AC. These were subjective views, so in the end, they didn't carry the day.

So in the end, for me, it was bang for the buck and two year warrantee. I can't say that selecting American was bad, I think they make pretty good coaches; I find the negative comments on ACs, post buy out, probably held some weight as well. Now Entegra is on the "watch list" for the same reason (Thor Industries), so if and when we decide to throw another 100k+ away in depreciation, I will once again do due diligence and consider all three companies. JMHO

I should add, one major sales outfit I know said they are discontinuing AC for several reasons, low sales and product quality. I can understand the first...don't know about the second, but they had no reason to lie as we told them plainly we weren't ready to trade, just looking at floor plans.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
We hope to make the one in Jan at Lazydays, FL.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Well I can tell you I have never seen another 1992 American Eagle out there anywhere, I'm sure there are some around, maybe up on blocks somewhere.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:04 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
Well I can tell you I have never seen another 1992 American Eagle out there anywhere, I'm sure there are some around, maybe up on blocks somewhere.
Well here's one !
Bought it in 2000 - been though everything from the Genny to the Engine. Seems when I'm rolling and think of seeing another AC , one pops up over the next hill.
They are out there and still running.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mh- trailer.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	147294   Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	147295  

NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote