Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #1

Windshield moulding

The plastic "T" that is on the windshield moulding has gone missing. This "T" is in between both sides of the windshield at the top and the bottom of the exterior of the windshield.

Any ideas on where I can get them.

2001 Bounder.

Thanks.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 02:02 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have you tried a salvage yard such as Colaws? Google a search on RV salvage and several will pop up. Contact them and explain what you are looking for. Also, if you haven't tried the Fleetwood Factory https://parts.revgroup.com/gensuite/web/homepage I'd give that a try.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:48 AM   #3

Missing t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The plastic "T" that is on the windshield moulding has gone missing. This "T" is in between both sides of the windshield at the top and the bottom of the exterior of the windshield.

Any ideas on where I can get them.

2001 Bounder.

Thanks.
Are you referring to rubber trim around glass? If you are, the factory workers cut it off. They did it on my 2014 Bounder. At the Decatur repair facility they did it again TWICE replacing the rubber which blew off. They, the repair personnel, were caught cutting off the T by someone sitting in his American coach while they were repairing his cargo doors. You're allowed to be in the vehicle while the factory personnel work so he spots the worker on my coach cutting off the T. He gets out and straightens the worker out. Turns out he was in the automotive glass business for 40 years. The worker and others stated they cut the T off in the factory and used adhesive to hold the rubber in place. in some places the gap between the glass and fiberglass was 3/8". Some spots were smaller than the T which is why they routinely cut it off. I'd bet they still continued to do this in the factory on Bounders of my vintage.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #4

The big RV windshield companies like Duncan Systems usually carry the replacement moldings.
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

Not part of trim, not rubber. Hard plastic.
Here are 2 pics of the one that's left.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:55 AM   #6

What does it look like under the T? How about making a copy with some of that FLEX SEAL liquid rubber? or Filling the gaps hidden by the T neatly like an artist? Hard for me to guess without knowing what it looks like under the T.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:36 AM   #7

Underneath

Emailed revgroup.com, here's their reply:
This part is no longer available through REV RV PARTS
We may suggest using a black sealant (like Sikaflex) to take the place of the part or you may wish to contact :
RON @ STARDECK IND @ # XXX-270-0051

I guess I'll be contacting him on Monday.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:37 PM   #8

Instead, maybe contact one of those "privledged" members in here that have 3D printers! I'll bet they could spit out a duplicate in no time on the cheap!
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:52 AM   #9

You can make that from a Lowes or Home Depot PVC plastic tee, I think a 1or2 inch would work, if you cut the plastic tee you would get two of the parts you need for about one dollar and a few minutes with a hacksaw. I tried to attach a picture of one but don't know how to do that.

Try this link
https://www.savko.com/collections/bl...nt=16512599745

Good luck