Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #29

The problem is a piece of toilet paper stuck in the slide, I used a wire coat hanger and shaped it into a handle with a hook to reach down to the slide. Run the pointed end of the hanger around the seal pocket that the slide closes into. You have to hold down the pedal to keep the flap open. Be careful not to tar the rubber O ring. But you should feel a piece of paper in the slot. Once it is cleaned out it should hold water again. Once it is fixed be sure when using to hold open the flap long enough for all items to make it past the seal before letting the flap close....
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
thank you will try that have had this MH for about 2 months and haven't used it yet so spending winter fixing it to be ready to go once I fix toilet then on to the onan gen that will only run with switch held down being in Michigan should have about 6 months to work on it LOL
Old 11-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #31

My experience with the generator is to make sure the oil level is just right not to low or to high. It knows and will not run if not proper fill level....

Also don't be afraid to start from generator itself and play with the throttle like we use to do with our old cars.
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #32

ya tried that it runs fine as long as switch is depressed when I got it it worked great but couple days later it quit put a new control board in as my son put a 15 amp fuse in by mistake I gotta believe its something basic as it ran good then just next try wouldn't run
Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #33

Most, if not all, generators have a cutout that shuts the unit down if the fuel tank drops below 1/4 tank. This prevents the genny from stranding you.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop2.0 View Post
heres a better pic not sure what the valve is for as i havent done a thing with this yet. The pipe in middle goes to the tank. On other side of pump pipe comes out and goes as pic shows to the valve on right as well as to the plumbing it does appear to be a bypass but what for
The valve on the right is the water tank drain valve. If you look under the motorhome, you will see the hose ends there and allows the water to drain onto the ground.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #35

GA yes got the right figured out but the valve on left that is after the pump pick up whats it for
Old 11-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #36

WRV, ya have a half a tank or more
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #37

Quote:
WRV, ya have a half a tank or more
Well, so much for the easy fix...
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #38

Last time use, drain water heater and bypass, open drain valves, then drive home, 90mi. Close drains valves, 2 gal pink to run in lines + FLUSH toilet, stop pump and open faucets Just in case!
ltfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #39

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
GA yes got the right figured out but the valve on left that is after the pump pick up whats it for
I can't see from the small picture well enough to be sure, but I believe you open that valve to add water to the tank when hooked up to a hose. You also open it to drain the water tank. In other words both valves would have to be open to drain the water tank and both valves closed to use the water system.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #40

Ok thank you I believe you are right it makes since now. I just couldn't figure out what the extra valve was for now I know again thank you
Old 11-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #41

Ok Homeless suggested adding pink stuff to the city water as well so I tried only for it to just run out as adding Here is what I did there is a small hoe that the previous ownr had that can be attached to the bottle I pulled the hose filter out and stuck hose against the plunger in the city water inlet and it depressed but just seems to run out instead of in any ideas
Old 11-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #42

Thor Owners Club
I used to just blow lines out every year in South Dakota, drain hot water tank, bypass lines, open low drain points. After each is drained, I would blow each line again. This year I did same except ran pink antifreeze through lines due to Washing machine.

There are several really good you-tube videos on winterizing your RV. By dealerships and manufacturers.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter