Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang392 View Post
This is what I did for the wiper blade fix. Drill out the rivet on the original blade, keep the bracket with the screw holes to use on the new blade. You may need to drill out the rivet on your new blade if it has one. Use a stainless #10 screw and lock nut to attach the old bracket to the new blade.
AMAZING .... I did the very same thing to mine about a year ago. It works fine and now I can buy regular blades for far less than any of the RV store bandits want.

LSC9901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #16

I second DMS110 above for just the rubber blade refill pairs at about $7 at Advance Auto. I've been using them on all of my vehicles for years here in Florida. There are three varieties; be sure to get the correct one. They are name brand quality (maybe Trico or equivalent). They work perfectly and last a long time. The refilling is easy. The correct length is achieved by cutting the long refill rubber blade.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #17

Al & Cindy,
Hi, we have purchased the adapter 48-17 parts, but cant figure out how to install the adapter onto existing wiper arm, how did you do it? Pics would be awesome.. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
PaulaG - Sorry for such a delay. I took pictures and have tried multiple times to insert them into replies on this and other threads. Wasted 2 hours this time. Even tried to get tech support help but couldn't get to them. I've actually given up posting much here because of that frustration over the last year. Pictures are so useful...wish I knew how others do it!

Presuming yours is the same as mine, there are two screws on the wiper arm near the tip which hold the wiper blade on. Remove those two and the whole blade comes off. The Anco adapter fits in it's place with the "J" side facing the glass. I used the 2 new screws that came with it; one of mine was chewed up. Once the adapter is in place, just snap in any standard wiper of the length you want.

Again I apologize for no picture. Perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al n Cindy View Post
PaulaG - Sorry for such a delay. I took pictures and have tried multiple times to insert them into replies on this and other threads. Wasted 2 hours this time. Even tried to get tech support help but couldn't get to them. I've actually given up posting much here because of that frustration over the last year. Pictures are so useful...wish I knew how others do it!

Presuming yours is the same as mine, there are two screws on the wiper arm near the tip which hold the wiper blade on. Remove those two and the whole blade comes off. The Anco adapter fits in it's place with the "J" side facing the glass. I used the 2 new screws that came with it; one of mine was chewed up. Once the adapter is in place, just snap in any standard wiper of the length you want.

Again I apologize for no picture. Perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry to hear you're having issues posting photos. See post #7 of this thread.

Forums 101 - posting, photos, accounts, basics

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang392 View Post
This is what I did for the wiper blade fix. Drill out the rivet on the original blade, keep the bracket with the screw holes to use on the new blade. You may need to drill out the rivet on your new blade if it has one. Use a stainless #10 screw and lock nut to attach the old bracket to the new blade.
This is what I have been doing for 8 years. Works perfectly fine.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can also buy an adapter from Anco that screws on like the wiper and allows the use of standard automotive blades of the hook type Anco part number is 48-17 I mail ordered mine from Summit racing
Old 03-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZ View Post
You can also buy an adapter from Anco that screws on like the wiper and allows the use of standard automotive blades of the hook type Anco part number is 48-17 I mail ordered mine from Summit racing

I also added the j hook to mine.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I needed to replace mine on my 82 when I bought her and I had a heck of a time finding them. I finally found some from a Napa store 300 miles from home. I need to replace them again (almost 5 years) so I'm back to the problem of finding them...
Tim
spritz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I needed to replace mine on my 82 when I bought her and I had a heck of a time finding them. I finally found some from a Napa store 300 miles from home. I need to replace them again (almost 5 years) so I'm back to the problem of finding them...
Tim

Another Question,
My 99 Deville has a sprayer towards the bottom of the arm.
So the windshield is sprayed not just a stream in the middle of the viewing area. Any ideas if there is one made for my MH. While looking at it yesterday I would like to find the whole Arm Assembly that will cover more area and have a longer blade.
Tim

spritz is online now   Reply With Quote