RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2019, 11:12 PM   #1

Wiring issues, need diagram

Iím trying to resurrect a Ď93 Bounder 34J. A buddy owns this thing and he parked it 15 years ago and just left it sitting on his property. Went out and tried to get it going again. We stuck a battery in it but most of the 12V chassis stuff is not powering up. We have no horn, flashers or anything really except the check engine light comes on. It will crank and it runs if we spay carb cleaner in the throttle body. So we have ignition system, no fuel pump.
There is a Ford chassis manual in it but it isnít of much use. The Bounder manual is even less use. The Ford manual shows some fusible links coming off the B+ side of the starter selenoid that should be powering the stuff that isnít powered. We canít find the starter selenoid. Found a big electrical box on firewall in the engine bay. It has three circuit breakers and two big selenoids, one of the CBs is powered, 2 are not. One selenoid is powered, the other isnít. It seems power from the chassis battery is gettyto the two very dead coach batteries as they showeed 4V on the meter. I donít think power should be getting to the coach batteries in this situation.

Iím hoping to find a wiring diagram or someone who can explain how this thing is wired. I canít find the fuse box shown in the Ford manual. Itís cold and a bit muddy so not in the mood to try taking things apart to try and figure it out if at all possible.

Does anyone have a source for a wiring diagram? Is Fleetwood any help with things like that for older coaches?

I suspect that whatever left a few small 💩 on top of the engine has eaten something but need to know how it works to diagnose the problems.

Cheers

VMOMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2019, 11:17 PM   #2

This is a picture of the electrical box on the firewall. The image is upside down after I upload it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0E3D9117-8EF7-4F7C-9702-92D5B4C38306.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	235776  

Old 02-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
The 2 self latching relays are battery disconnect relays. One is for the engine battery and one is for the house batteries. The switches for those two relays should be just inside the door, up and to the right. Main is the engine battery and Aux is for the house batteries.

Richard
3 Years Wheel & Track Mechanic US Army. 11 Years Automotive Mechanic. 12 Years Operating Engineer Interstate Brands. 3 Years Job Shop Machinist. 11 Years Chief Engineer INX International. 10 Years RV Mobil Repair Owner operator.
RLS7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:26 PM   #4

Thanks. We found the switches but they didnít seem to solve the problem. We had power on input and output for chassis selenoid.
Any idea where a wiring diagram can be found for the coach and perhaps a guide to component locations?
I havenít tried Fleetwood but donít know if they will be any help with an old coach
Old 02-24-2019, 06:45 AM   #5

There are several places to check online for RV Service Repair Manuals. Even if you can't find an exact match, most vehicles keep the same wiring layout for multiple years so a close year may provide what you need even though there may be minor differences.

https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/rv-owners-manuals

https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/resource...94_BOUNDER.pdf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Freightline...d=153313443341
Old 02-24-2019, 07:21 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just reread your post. The starter solenoid is on the starter. The starter relay should be in the dog house, left side, about even with the throttle pedal.

Richard
3 Years Wheel & Track Mechanic US Army. 11 Years Automotive Mechanic. 12 Years Operating Engineer Interstate Brands. 3 Years Job Shop Machinist. 11 Years Chief Engineer INX International. 10 Years RV Mobil Repair Owner operator.
RLS7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #7

Thanks. We’ve given up for now as I had to leave. Never tried to get the doghouse off and didn’t look to see how it came off. I tried to get underneath to look but coach has settled into the dirt about 4” and I just couldn’t get under it. We need to find a way to back feed power into the chassis wiring so we can get the fuel pump to run, if not we wait until summer and may be able to jack it up and power the fuel pump directly so we can start it and move it.

Thanks for the link to the Bounder manuals. I need something a bit more indepth that has wiring diagrams and locations. I will try Fleetwood on Monday but am not hopeful.

Found the Fleetwood data for the coach, it’s a 1991 and chassis is Ford with 460V8
Old 03-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #8

Fleetwood was quite helpful with the coach wiring. A phone call and they emailed me pdf files of the coach wiring. The chassis wiring diagram will have to come from Ford and I haven’t tried that yet. No luck online or on feeBay for that.

Tags
wiring