Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2003 U320 Bedroom Thermostat

Trying to help out a Lady friend with her "new" FT here.

Serviced Aquahot and she mentions that bedroom is cool. The brochures and other info says "bedroom thermostat".

All we find is the one by the driver seat CC 5 button...zone one does LR and Galley. Zone two does bathroom. Switch on wall in bath to control the fan there. There is an "plastic eye" sensor on the bedroom wall but no way to do settings for that room or to have hot coolant circulate.

What are we missing??? Please only coach specific info, I have had and serviced AQH's for almost twenty years, but this one is new to me.

Thanks for any tips
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Trying to help out a Lady friend with he "new" FT here.

Serviced Aquahot and she mentions that bedroom is cool. The brochures and other info says "bedroom thermostat".

All we find is the on by the driver seat CC 5 button...zone one does LR and Galley. Zone two does bathroom. Switch on wall in bath to control the fan there. There is an "plastic eye" sensor on the bedroom wall but way to do settings for that room or to have hot coolant circulate.

What are we missing??? Please only coach specific info, I have had and serviced AQH's for almost twenty years, but this one is new to me.

Thanks for any tips
Zone one is living room/galley. Zone two is bedroom, switch on wall in bathroom is on/off and thermostat for bathroom/register in bays.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Zone one is living room/galley. Zone two is bedroom, switch on wall in bathroom is on/off and thermostat for bathroom/register in bays.
Actually, switched thermostat in bath is for bath zone. The thermostat for bays is down in the wet bay - a rotary dial on the cover of the Manabloc. The bay heat uses the same zone valve as bathroom but you don't have to have bathroom thermostat on to heat the bays (you do, obviously, need the AH running, though.)

If bedroom is blowing cold (if it's calling for heat on Zone 2 and air is coming out the bedroom registers but it's cold) then the zone valve for the bedroom is likely stuck closed. You can tap it lightly to see if it frees up.

(ETA - this is a 40 footer, correct? If a 42 footer there's the possibility of 3 zones on the CCC due to the three roof heat pumps)
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:23 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you...yes 40' Guess I better be checking for a bad zone C pump. A and B are both sending hot coolant just fine.

Will check the trouble tree. Maybe switch relays. Jumper the pump. Always something.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Thank you...yes 40' Guess I better be checking for a bad zone C pump. A and B are both sending hot coolant just fine.
Have you tried tapping the stuck zone valve? (So the bedroom fans are operating, just blowing cold?)

This was actually one of the first issues we had with our '03 many years ago. It's a fairly common problem and sometimes just the tapping solves the issue with no need for additional parts. Just like a zone valve on a hot water baseboard home heating system.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tapping is on the list too. I try to tell people over and over...use the AQH at least once a month, AND circulate the fluid.

Becomes like the old Fram commercial..."pay me now $ or pay me later $$$"

Thanks for the thermostat info.

Tags
thermostat