Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 02:00 PM   #1

Anyone ever install a composting toilet in 91 ORED Sbi 3600

Thinking about replacing the toilet in the side bath with a Nature's head composting toilet. Now the problem I see is the platform the toilet sits on. My feet dangle sitting on it now. LOL

What is under this Platform? Is it the black Tank? The floor space in front of the platform is very small and it is needed to access the sink so I can't build a step and what I can gather.. the Nature's Head toilet is taller.
KtyTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #2

Foretravel Owners Club
I have a 2000 U270 and the platform under the toilet is due to the tanks are not directly under the toilet so the drain pipe has to exit on an angle from the toilet to the tank. The only way I see to put in a compost toilet would be to seal the pipe and remove the riser. I think this would work but would be very hard to go back to the regular toilet.
cncdnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:33 AM   #3

Wow... yes you are right. I love everything about my "new to me" MH but the height of the toilet Nature's head composting toilet just makes it easier to Dry camp longer without having to empty the black tank. The black tank is very large on these. I will just use "as is" until I can see just how long I can boondock camp then make my decision. Thank you very much for your help.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
I DO NOT RECOMMEND going to a compost toilet.
The Foretravel tank capacities are far and away large enough to do extensive dry camping..
Just save yourself a lot of $$$, having to deal with a nasty ass'd mess and headaches ... replace the existing toilet with a "low mount" one.. They are available ....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #5

Well after being told why there was a platform I was thinking the same thing. Being new at MH ownership, I will look for a low profile toilet. Thank very much for your response. Any guidance from Foretravel owners is very valuable. I didn't want to take away the pipe to the tank and all that expense since a good compost toilet is $900 or more.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:28 AM   #6

Had one on my Trawler. How many ways can I say, “HATED IT”. Real PIA. The boaters I know have them onboard for the v Berth 2nd (or guest) head. When the potty police boards then there is an explanation they cannot argue with.
1Splicer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, toilet