Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #1

Aquahot and electric heat

Hello, I recently had a lot of service performed on my 2001 U320 Foretravel. The service was very reputable so no problem with them or with the work they did. However, they were not able to work on the aquahot system which had a small leak so they pulled the fuse that operated it. Really no problem until we can reach our aquahot service person. In the meantime, we went to a small RV club rally and plugged into a 50 amp service so we could use the in house 110 circuit for hot water. It did not work. Does anyone know if there is a connection between the aquahot and the house 110 water heater connection? Thank you for any advice you can give on this subject. Traveler2001
Irene Griffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #2

Irene,

Your A/H unit has a 120v heating element installed in the system. You should be able to turn on the "electric" switch that is located next to the switch that is for "diesel" and this should give you limited hot water. I don't know what fuse that was pulled but the electric side should be able to run independent to the diesel side.

Now if you have an insta-hot water tap at your sink it works independent to the A/H system. It will produce nice hot water for a cup of tea but it isn't tied into the rest of the hot water system.

Your A/H should have heat transfer from the engine heating the system after running down the road.

What was leaking? Was it from the domestic water side or the antifreeze side? If antifreeze side you need to keep a close watch on your antifreeze level and not let it get low.

4T
4travlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #3

Aquahot and electric heat

Thank you 4travlin for your response. I really don't know what "fuse" the repair shop referred to or the exact leak. Guess I should do more research on this problem with the Aquahot and get in touch with the one local that I know to take care of it. Since I had 50 amps at our campsite, I did try to use the electric heat option in the coach. It just wouldn't heat the water. Unfortunately, I don't have a separate hot water dispenser so heat my coffee water in a kettle. Thanks for your suggestions. traveler2001
Irene Griffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
He probably either pulled the fuse or shut off the breaker for your electric part of the AH. If you have a leak it would not matter if you used the diesel burner or electric....the leak would still be there.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
The Aqua hot is the hot water ( no tank just a coil in the boiler tank) and heater, all in one if they "disabled " the circulation to stop a leak wouldn't all of that not work ? ... No heat and no hot water ? Since the same boiler heats the hot water coil and the heater fluid via electric element or diesel burner.
Showers may be a little cold ;-) perhaps you may move that service up a bit! ��
Old 04-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #6

I'm curious what ended up happening with this AH issue? Does anyone know? My AH works on electric but nothing happens when I hit the Diesel switch. I haven't had it looked at yet, and really don't even know where to take it yet, but plan on doing so sometime this summer. My electric heats the water well enough to never run out of hot water, even when showering with the washer/drier combo in operation.
KCfromTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Kc, I have an Oasis, which is similar to the AH. It takes mine about 2 minutes to kick over and start up. Then you can hear a steady rumble as it does its job of heating. Perhaps yours is a bit slow like mine.
If it isn't working , you should be able to Google AH and they did have a service locator on their website. That way you can find someone close to assist you. There may still be info in the forum under an Aqua hot search that might give you more info too.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromTX View Post
I haven't had it looked at yet, and really don't even know where to take it yet, but plan on doing so sometime this summer.
KC,

If your location is correct in your profile check with Rudy Legett. 713-ate 1 ate-3 two 34 He is top notch A/H repair man, it will be well worth the trip to get him to fix your unit.

4T
4travlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:24 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromTX View Post

My electric heats the water well enough to never run out of hot water, even when showering with the washer/drier combo in operation.
What model Aqua-Hot do you have, 600D or the 650D?

None of the other models will supply enough hot water just on electric for a shower AND washing clothes at the same time unless you take very short 1 gallon showers.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
Rudy x 2!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Good source for advice, parts, repair and recommendations for Aqua Hot Technician locations.
RV Hydronic Heater Forum
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat