Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #1

Finding a Foretravel coach

I love the Foretravel coaches, but they can be hard to find. Where are good places to look for models in good shape and maybe owned by private individuals, for around $150K? We are looking to full-time in the late spring. If you bought used, where did you find your coach? Any tips?
Turbo Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Where

Have you tried the factory website? I love this Brand too, so - I keep an eye on "things" once in a while!!!

www.foretravel.com

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #3

Tubo-
As TW said check the factory website.
They have both used & consigned units.
We bought new in August and couldn't be more pleased with the coach.
We bought the #6506 Texas Edition. Fine coach. Had a Travel Supreme prior and thought that was the tops!.
Happy shopping & hope you find just the right Foretravel!!
tx4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
GRV

Finding a Foretravel Coach

Try "Google" search engine using; "Foretravel for sale", Pulls up listings on "E-Bay" , "Craigs List", and some classified news paper adds, Good Luck with your search.... Gerry
GRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Turbo Turtle... If you get the chance take a run down to Nacogdoches, Texas and tour the Foretravel factory. We came through there the first of the month on our way to the Texas Gulf Coast to spend the winter and it was definitely worth the trip. They also had five or six used coaches on consignment open for inspection. There were two three that were older then 2000, one year 2000 and a couple 2003's. They all fell in at or below the price range you mentioned.

As you can see by my signature I'm not a Foretravel owner, but I'd sure like to be. After visiting three or four motorhome factories the Foretravel has got to be one of the best, if not the best, motorhome built. At least that's my opinion. My wife and I really liked the used year 2000 coach we saw there. It may be 4 years older then what I now have but it was years ahead of mine also.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
James the Owner of Extreme in Nacogdoches, TX is selling his custom and restored 95 40'. It is beautiful and shows all of the upgrades that are available on the Foretravel.

If you talk to him, let him know that you heard from me, Jeff, I am here now getting the headlight conversion and bulkhead repair.

His phone number is 936-462-1678 or 936-560-5888.
FT4200DGFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #7

Foretravel Owners Club
Also check out MOT, Motor Homes of Texas. They have quite a few that are consignment coaches. I am sure you can contact the owners or at least get answers to any questions you may have. J
FT4200DGFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Used motorhomes for sale Consigned Foretravel rvs Motorhomes of Texas

Check out this link. A former employee of Foretravel and has a bunch of nice used coaches.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote