Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2019, 07:58 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilam View Post
Toney,

I have a 2018 Realm bunk model. I have absolutely no complaints. The fit and finish is superb. Foretravel has the best support system for any issues that may arise. I strongly recommend the Realm. I'd be more than happy to ask any questions you may have. Good Luck in your search. Have you looked at Motorhome Specialties in Alvarado, Texas ? They have some used bunk models for sale.
That's next on the to-do list along with going to the factory. We are a year or two out... very early in the process.
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
That's next on the to-do list along with going to the factory. We are a year or two out... very early in the process.
I have done the factory tour. It's very informative and interesting to see all the work involved. The employees at Foretravel have always been extremely helpful and do all they can to please you. I found it interesting to talk to the older employees who have been there for 30+ years. Just a wealth of information. I see that Motorhome Specialties in Alvarado, Texas has 2016, 2017 and 2018 Realm's on consignment. May be early for you but that doesn't happen often. Good Luck in your searching.
Regards
Brent
bmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I have done the factory tour. It's very informative and interesting to see all the work involved. The employees at Foretravel have always been extremely helpful and do all they can to please you. I found it interesting to talk to the older employees who have been there for 30+ years. Just a wealth of information. I see that Motorhome Specialties in Alvarado, Texas has 2016, 2017 and 2018 Realm's on consignment. May be early for you but that doesn't happen often. Good Luck in your searching.
Regards
Brent
Thanx Brent.
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #18

Foretravel Owners Club
Also check out Motorhomes of TX (MOT)
https://www.motorhomesoftexas.com/de...tion=pre-owned
And Foretravel as well..
Foretravel Motorcoach - Available Coaches
Foretravel Motorcoach - Available Coaches

Our coach is 17 years young ... looks like it may out live us....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:02 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx4risk View Post
If you are really interested in a Realm we have the FS6 floorplan Distressed Copper exterior Sherwood interior. Perfect condition and several upgrades. I will sell for a fair price if you want it. Message me if you like.
And we've owned the London Aire also....the Realm is definitely a superior build
rx4risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:53 PM   #20

Deciding on Which Coach manufacturer

Toney and Linda

My Wife and I started our over two years ago looking at different coaches. First was to visit Camping World. High pressure tactics and wasn't impressed with coaches on the lot. We decided that we needed to learn the bones and muscles of the different coach builders. For truly to last, it has to be build for moving around on the road. Our first stop was Foretravel factory tour. Was really impressed and they had quality and knowledge. Next stop was Newell. WOW, I can imagine this was Foretravel before they started buying their chassis and motor from Spartan. Great quality, great product, and great people. Only problem, they had a great price as well. Then took time to fly to Indiana and Newmar. The factory guide's first statement of fact was to say they produce 11 coaches a day. Then the tour and you can see how they produce them. Poor quality, poor assembly, and not very open about their coaches. At Foretravel and Newell, we were allowed to photograph their current coach builds. Not at Newmar. Tours at Foretravel and Newell were personable and we were two of a group of six at Foretravel. At Newell, the salesman personally took us through the factory (Wife and I alone). My ranking in coach's would be A NEWELL, A Foretravel, A Prevost, everything else. My two cents.
master2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by master2301 View Post
Toney and Linda
My ranking in coach's would be A NEWELL, A Foretravel, A Prevost, everything else. My two cents.
I have always ranked them by cost of Prevost 1st, Newell, 2nd & Foretravel 3d. If I had the money I do not think I would buy either the Prevost or the Newell, but I had also said that about buying the IH45.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #22

I have also taken the Newmar tour. They also would not let us take any pictures and the girl that took us on the tour did not know a lot of answers to questions that were asked. She said it was her full time job taking people on tours.

The next day I took the Entregra tour. They let us take all the pictures you wanted and they guy giving us the tour knew the answer to every question asked and if the year made a difference in the answer he also told us that.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
i've been to all three factories, Newmar, Entegra and Foretravel. By far the "old school" approach of building a coach is Foretravel. I noticed every detail of the coach is done right or it does not move forward.

Both Entegra and Newmar build great coaches, but they are on an assembly line and have to move, item installed right or not.

Foretravel builds just 2-3 coaches a month. I think Entegra builds that in a day.
With the slower pace and the fact the average employee has been there 15 years, I would put Foretravel right up there with the Newell's of the world.

And save the $million dollars!!

JMO
Old 09-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #24
hrt

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Toney,

I have a 2018 Realm bunk model. I have absolutely no complaints. The fit and finish is superb. Foretravel has the best support system for any issues that may arise. I strongly recommend the Realm. I'd be more than happy to ask any questions you may have. Good Luck in your search. Have you looked at Motorhome Specialties in Alvarado, Texas ? They have some used bunk models for sale.

Can you tell us more about the support system? If we have a breakdown while in California, utah, Michigan - will we easily be able to get, say mobile techs, who can get parts to fix things quckly?
hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:32 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Foretravel will always take great care of you. We have a 18 Realm we’re getting ready to list as we bought a 70’ ocean yacht last year and can’t possibly spend time on both. Let me know when you get some interest
rx4risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:59 PM   #26

Have had 4 Foretravels and one Newell. Foretravel has great support, and will generally get back to you the same day to answer any questions or problems you have. Newell on the other hand will get back to you immediately. Had a problem with the air compressor on a Sunday morning at 7 am. Called Newell support and operator said tech would get in touch. 10 minutes later at 7.10, tech called me and walked me through problem.
Would still have a Newell, but most of them are 45 ft, just too big for my lifestyle.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt View Post
Can you tell us more about the support system? If we have a breakdown while in California, utah, Michigan - will we easily be able to get, say mobile techs, who can get parts to fix things quckly?
I have not had a problem with support from Foretravel. Parts are easy to get. They do get back with you quick. I have found the 3 main support systems are Foretravel, Spartan chassis and Cummings diesel. Good luck
bmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:35 AM   #28

I currently have a 2017 London Aire that’s had a substantial amount of problems and still a long list to be repaired. The London Aire loaded list for half what the Foretravel list for. The 2021 King Aire is a redesign and list for $1.4 about the same as the Foretravel. In my opinion the Foretravel is a better coach. Their weakness has been their interior design but that’s been greatly improved lately, and you can always design your own. Interior design is Newmar’s strength, go to YouTube and search 2021 King Aire and I bet you agree. But a great design that does not preform just becomes a PITA. Good Luck
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air