RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #1

OK, now no copping out with a "each has it's own unique style or something like that.

One or the other... one choice....

Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #2

OK, now no copping out with a "each has it's own unique style or something like that.

One or the other... one choice....

Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #3

LOL...well To be honest it is really a coin flip. They are for real very close. And though they both do have their own unique style and their own niche in the market I truely believe if you ask an Alpine Owner they will say an Alpine if you ask a Foretravel Owner they will say a Foretravel. It will be interesting to see the different responses..however I think it might be rare to find alot of people who have truely driven both. I am very impressed with both. For the money and for me as I have driven both I prefer the steering of the alpine and other features of the foretravel if we could combined the 2 with the alpine chasis and 18.9 to1 shepard steering I think we would have as close to a perfect coach as you could get. Thats the best I can do and be honest on how I feel. I hope that answer your question... I LOVE THEM BOTH!
RVRONINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #4

Indeed!
I am going to expose apond the virtues of both...
The foretravel has the more thought out floorplan with much higher quality material, CAREFULLY CRAFTED TOGETHER.... The Alpine plain and simple.. {where you have to be somewhat cautious here..I understand} flat out is a better "Steering"- Riding-driving-handling __________ *fill in your own* coach.

Yes- that would be the dream coach... A Peak chassis with the Foretravel body and interior-
That my good man is what I want.........!!!
Unfortunately..is not going to happen... Unless one buys the other and decides to go with the alpine chassis and foretravel body -floorplan and interior.... SIGN ME UP FOR THE FIRST ONE OFF THE LINE IF THEY DO !!!!
I guess thats a million to one shot......
Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #5

I realize that this is an older post, but I couldn't help but respond. You see, I have a 34' Alpine 2005 and have had many many problems with it. I haven't found anything comparable. I started looking at the Foretravels and decided to check out your forum and was pleasently surprised to see Foretravels equal to Alpines. Unfortunatly WRV(Alpine) is no longer in business. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Foretravel aquire WRV. Anyway I love how my 34' drives and the power it provides when needeed. It will be very difficult to replace (even with all the issues I've had in the past).
William Schnieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #6

I don't think there is anything left of WRV to acquire. I beleive everything was sold off to help satisfy creditors. Someone may, however hold the rights to the Peak Chassis.