Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Foretravel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #1

With all due respect to Ron, I am not sure why this IRV2 group is really needed. The Yahoo Foretravel Group has been around since June 2001. It is very active with members sharing extensive knowledge about a great motorhome.
Bob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Bob, with all due respect to you Sir,

I have experience with the Yahoo groups and we offer several things the Yahoo groups do not...

We offer the chance to post "real time" on the internet and have your questions asked and answered almost immediately. I have seen in our other manufacturer forums where a member has posted a question and gotten an answer in virtually minutes....If one is working on something or adjusting something, this is extremely helpful....

Something else we offer, which is not possible in the Yahoo forums is the ability to post pics directly into posts, such as this....Here is an old pic of an awning bracket I had a question about....By being able to post the pic, I got just the answer I was looking for....

iRV2 is much more than a "manufacturer" based forum, although these forums are very popular.
We have geographic regions where groups of iRV2 members make plans to have regional based gatherings which give us the opportunity to use our units and get to know one another...
We have a National Rally every year in a popular place, last year in Branson we have some sixty-four rigs attend...

I invite you to take a look around, I think you just might like it!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #3

Rebelsbeach:
Thanks for clarifying the difference in forums. I think posting photos is a good advantage. I registered with this forum 7 years ago so I have had a "good look around". But 21,000 Yahoo Foretravel Group posts provides a huge resourse not yet available here.
Bob
Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

As with the introduction of any "new" forum area to our website there are growing pains.
You are more than welcome to post any link to any other Foretravel group you choose as we certainly understand the internet is an environment where there's an abundance of information.
Our Foretravel group was added in an attempt to meet the needs of those folks that frequent iRV2 and are also Foretravel owners.

Would love to see you make more than eighteen posts in the next seven years!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
YNBOB
...I do hope you and a few other ForeTravel owners do venture over here and hang out - even if just for a little while! I can tell you that this spot is much easier to use than the Yahoo, MSN boards or any other "like sites" out there...plus there is no "flaming" of other members here...please try it for a few weeks!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #6

I'm glad there is a FT group here now. I HATE the e-mail based, early-1990's style of the Yahoo-based groups.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonD:
I'm glad there is a FT group here now. I HATE the e-mail based, early-1990's style of the Yahoo-based groups.
Hey JasonD, take a look under your screen name!!

In keeping with your '08 Foretravel purchase I changed your "Newmar" to a "Foretravel" member title.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #8

Cool...thanks!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
GRV

Just to add my 2 cents, I really like the ease that this site operates with. I have a hard time following topics at the Yahoo site and the subject letter keeps repeating. Making for lots of scrolling. They do have a great info selection, I would hope that maybe someday the sites could be merged or the Info. could be made simpler to navigate to. Well thats at least .02 worth of opinion, GRV
GRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #10

Changing Lights in 1997 Foretravel

Our bathroom light in our 1997 U295 has burned out. Like most of the lights in our rig the plastic covering of the tube is surrounded with a wooden frame. How to remove that bugger? -- Just pull down on the wood? I hate to force anything, but can't find anything in the manuals about removing this and replacing the burnt out bulb with a new one.....
Thanks for any help...

OhOh, think I'm posting on the wrong thread.... Sorry, folks.
Kathleen J. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote