RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
99 Gulfstream switches.

My brother in law just picked up a 99 gulfstream 37' dp. We are trying to figure out why the two forward florescent ceiling lights don't have any power to them. There are two switches on the side of the kitchen island. One is a three wire switch. It sends power to the floor lights when it is in the up position. But we can't seem figure out where power goes when it is in the down position.
There is another switch next to the other that has a small red light that comes on when the switch is in the on position. We cannot figure out what this one turns on either. Any suggestions?
__________________

__________________
2002 Monaco Diplomat 38PST
Hydralift motorcycle lift
Chris M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
I forgot to say its a Sun Voyager.
__________________

__________________
2002 Monaco Diplomat 38PST
Hydralift motorcycle lift
Chris M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
DENSHER's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 230
My Sun Voyager has the hall floor light switch on the kitchen cabinet. It works as a 3 wya switch, the other switch for it is on the bedroom wall next to hall entry. I don't have the switch with indicator light but have had it on 2 other motorhomes and it was Master switch for the cargo compartment lights. Look for another wall switch close to the entry door that may turn power on/off to the front ceiling lights.
__________________
1995 Gulfstream Sun Voyager MX 34' DP with 2011 Silverado in tow.
Dennis & Sherry.
DENSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:48 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Argyle, Texas
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENSHER View Post
My Sun Voyager has the hall floor light switch on the kitchen cabinet. It works as a 3 wya switch, the other switch for it is on the bedroom wall next to hall entry. I don't have the switch with indicator light but have had it on 2 other motorhomes and it was Master switch for the cargo compartment lights. Look for another wall switch close to the entry door that may turn power on/off to the front ceiling lights.
I have a 2004 gas Sunvoyager with a switch that has a red light on it and it turns on the water heater. Maybe yours is the same. As far as the other switch on mine, I have a switch on the side of the kitchen cabinet that turns on one over head ligjt and that light also has an on/off switch on it. I hope this helps.
soundon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:27 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundon01 View Post
I have a 2004 gas Sunvoyager with a switch that has a red light on it and it turns on the water heater. Maybe yours is the same. As far as the other switch on mine, I have a switch on the side of the kitchen cabinet that turns on one over head ligjt and that light also has an on/off switch on it. I hope this helps.
I will check the water heater. Makes sense. That switch has romex type house wire to it.
__________________
2002 Monaco Diplomat 38PST
Hydralift motorcycle lift
Chris M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:46 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Light switches.

On my 99 Scenic Cruiser the switch beside the sink with the red light is for the water heater. I have a toggle switch on my range hood that if you push it one way the heater is on gas, push it the other way and also turn on that switch with the red light and it's on electric. If your unit is like mine there is a row of toggle switches down by the steps just as you enter. One of those provides power for the ceiling florescent fixture. That switch must be thrown along with the switch on the light fixture itself. This is so you can turn on that light before entering the coach. The switch next to it is for the outside light and some rope lights above the steps. Check and see if his is set up the same way.
DandyDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M. View Post
My brother in law just picked up a 99 gulfstream 37' dp. We are trying to figure out why the two forward florescent ceiling lights don't have any power to them. There are two switches on the side of the kitchen island. One is a three wire switch. It sends power to the floor lights when it is in the up position. But we can't seem figure out where power goes when it is in the down position.
There is another switch next to the other that has a small red light that comes on when the switch is in the on position. We cannot figure out what this one turns on either. Any suggestions?
Many Class-C have a ceiling light at top of stairs, which is controlled by switch at door, but switch on fixture must also be ON... inconventient to turn OFF at door once inside, so use switch on fixture; then make sure ceiling light ON when leaving and turn OFF at door.. Your fluorescent maybe similar?
__________________
99-GS Conquest Limited 6266 Class-C
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 691
Switches w/ Lights (generally) goto items like water heater, tank heaters, (or Emergency Start), i.e. Items that are NOT generally left ON when not in use
__________________
99-GS Conquest Limited 6266 Class-C
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 363
I agree that the switch with the red light is for the electric/gas water heater. The two fluorescent lights on the ceiling on my Scenic Cruiser are controlled by a switch on the hall way.

There is another switch that has a red light on it and that one on mine is on the bed box and that is for the block heater for the engine in cold weather.

Forgot that the ceiling lights also have an off on switch right on the fixture. I never use them, but they are there and if they are in the off position, the lights will not go on.
__________________
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 38'
Neway Freightliner chassis, 2018 Buick Envision Ess.
3126-E Caterpillar 330 hp
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Thanks everyone.
Found the switch for the front light. It's by the door. We had to replace the bulbs as well. There is another three way switch for the floor lights. We found it behind the bathroom door. We think the switch with the light is for the water heater. We still have low temps in the twenties for the next few days. Will fill the system with water and test as soon as the weather allows.
__________________

__________________
2002 Monaco Diplomat 38PST
Hydralift motorcycle lift
Chris M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gulfstream, switch



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gulfstream :: 2004 Gulfstream Atrium Rogersfamily iRV2 Owners Registry 0 03-22-2017 04:42 PM
Gulfstream RV :: 2004 Gulfstream Independence Treetopguy iRV2 Owners Registry 0 11-25-2016 10:18 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.