Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #1

Air Bag Dump

A friend has a Tourmaster Constellation (45' 2010) with LCI 4-point automatic levelers. The levelers seem to work fine, but he would like to drop the air from the suspension before going into the leveling process.

I have HWH levelers, and the panel has a button to allow the operator to do that. My system also has a feature that dumps air BEFORE the jacks start to work in automatic mode; his does not do that, so very often the coach ends up very high off the ground after being leveled.

The question is: is there some hidden method to get the air ride to lower the coach before the leveler start to work?

Any thoughts or hints will be appreciated.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2019, 09:13 AM   #2

Read this thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/ques...ir-432608.html Your question will be answered.

Here's a useful tip: Using the search engine on this site, in most cases, will bring up a subject no matter how remote it may seem. Over the years, just about every question has been asked and answered
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply and the link. Actually I did search, but the results didn't help much. Your link alludes to how it's probably supposed to work, but it actually does not dump at all; that's the problem.

At this point I'm convinced that the automatic air dump valve is broken or not getting a signal to work.

My friend is planning to attend the FMCA rally in Perry, GA soon. Hopefully they will get some helpful answers there.

Again, your reply is greatly appreciated; my search did not find the link that you provided.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #4

Tom Your Welcome,

In regard the search engine, You'll notice that I wrote "In Most Cases"

I've done searches before with no results only to find out the information is actually there as pointed out by another member.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #5

On my Scenic Cruiser when I arrive at destination and am ready to set up the coach. I turn the engine off and press the dump air button. The air bags dump the air and will settle all the way. Then I start my leveling with my Quadra levelers. First I will lower the two front until they touch the ground. Mine can be adjusted individually and watch the level bubble. Once the front is set, then you go to the rear levelers and you start lowering the two, and again until you can feel them touch the ground. Then again you level your coach by watching the bubble on the levels.. So I just lift a bit front and rear just to get it level, not for any other reason. You want to keep it low so that your step is not too high. Very easy process!
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Air dump

On my 99 scenic cruiser I too have the manual Quadra levelers. I notice that if I want to bleed all the air from the system I have to hit the air dump button twice. Once till it stops and the light goes out and then I hit it again and the coach lowers all the way. Don't know why?? I like to get the coach close to the ground so the levelers don't have to extend as much.
DandyDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air