Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #1

Gulf Stream black cables under gally slide

I just installed a new floor into my 2008 Gulf Stream Independence model 8367 with 3 slides. I have some black cables pushing out from under the galley slide when I open it and leaving black electrical tape marks on the floor. They are about 1/4" round from what I can see under the cabinet when I raise the black rubber strip to look under, it looks like the new floor is kind of grabbing on the electrical tape when I slide the room out. Does anyone know what these cables go to and how I can get access to them. I also can see a silver braided water or gas line I think under there also.

Thanks for any help, this is the first coach I have ever owner so a newbie.

Don
donchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2016, 05:24 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.

Sounds like the 120 vac feeder lines for receptacles and water lines in the slideout. There should be access near the point these leave the main coach to the slideout though a dead space in cabinetry. Personally I think the company that made the repairs should be contacted to make the repairs under warranty.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
I agree, take it back to whoever did the job and tell them to fix it. They had to pull the slide completely out to replace the floor and obviously did not do a great job with the re-install.

I don't have any loose wires/gas lines under the dead space of the kitchen slide in my 2006. In fact, looking under the black skirt there is a black metal piece that prevents even seeing any wiring under the slide. Only area you can see anything is where the slide rollers contact the floor.

The two most likely candidates for this small errant wire bundle are: 1. gas leak sensor or 2. 12 volt under cabinet lighting.

I doubt the 110V or gas lines are involved as these are thicker lines. I am assuming the 2008 is similarly wired to the 2006 with only one place wires and gas lines penetrate the floor of the slide. Pulling your bottom drawer, you can see this close to the front right edge of the stove. Towards the rear is a 110V junction box, but that does not penetrate the floor of the slide.

Good luck!
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #4

I stated that the floor was replaced, but what I meant was new tile was installed (Allure ultra flooring) I took the bottom out of one of the lower cabinet's and found what you described, the 110volt wires and a large braided propane line that barley fits between the slide floor and the coach floor on its own and the black 110volt lines and the 12volt lines were getting pinched with it as the slide went in and out, thus leaving marks on my new flooring. I have redone the way they were secured under there and made a guide so the voltage lines do not get under the braided propane line thus keeping from them all getting pinched between the coach floor and the bottom or the slide. Thanks for the help on what they were. Oh and I don't think there is any warranty due to the fact that I did the work. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rv floor2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	126229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rv floor1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	126230  

donchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for the idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donchambers View Post
I stated that the floor was replaced, but what I meant was new tile was installed (Allure ultra flooring) I took the bottom out of one of the lower cabinet's and found what you described, the 110volt wires and a large braided propane line that barley fits between the slide floor and the coach floor on its own and the black 110volt lines and the 12volt lines were getting pinched with it as the slide went in and out, thus leaving marks on my new flooring. I have redone the way they were secured under there and made a guide so the voltage lines do not get under the braided propane line thus keeping from them all getting pinched between the coach floor and the bottom or the slide. Thanks for the help on what they were. Oh and I don't think there is any warranty due to the fact that I did the work. LOL
Now I'll have to look at putting a new floor in ours!
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide