Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #1

Gulf Stream Crescendo 325 FRED Toy Hauler

My wife and I will be entering the RV world for business and adventure for about 12-18 months. We have decided on the Gulf Stream Crescendo 325 FRED Toy Hauler as our best option for our needs. We are looking to buy a used motorhome. Two questions: (1)any comments on the quality and dependability of this Gulf stream, (2)is there cause for concern that the manufacturer no longer makes or services these?

Your comments and thoughts appreciated by this newbie. Regards.
buzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Check out the top of the forum for ratings on Gulf Stream by a range of production years.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
for what it is worth, we have a 2005 Gulfstream Crescendo DP. It has 75k on it. we like it, we just got it and have only taken one small trip in it so far. So not a lot of experience I. It.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #4

Depending on what you wanna carry the 325 is a GREAT option. It has a garage that doesn't completely take over the RV the way the GS Bounty Hunter or the Thor Outlaw do (love the juxtaposition). If you like to putter in the garage you want one of those. If you just wanna carry a random amount of large stuff with you, but not a car, get the 325. I have been shopping for one for almost 3 years, casually, but when one shows up, Google lets me know. I have seen only 1 in all that time and although Google let me know the DAY it was posted, it was gone when I went to look.

Like previously posted on the other RV Forum, Gulf Stream doesn't support MHs anymore, but they built their motorhomes with generic parts that are SUPER easy to replace, they are not much for the fit and finish, but you can get a real bargain buying Gulf Stream, I like them a lot for that reason. Although, you might not get much back when you go to sell.

Also, the front engine diesel is the worst of both worlds. Diesel is expensive to repair and the noise is upfront when you are driving. It isn't a deal breaker though.

There are also other similar options if you cannot find the 325, the Travel Supreme ME (for mid-engine), this one is also a below the bed design, but you can actually fit a small car in. And the bed is king size to get all that space below. Does make making the bed a little more difficult than in the GS. And the price of the Supreme is definitely that you would expect from that word. They were made from 2004 to 2008 so a little older than the 2008 to 2010 325s. Also in 2010 Monaco started a quick adventure (2 years) into making fuel efficient but attractive RVs and they made the (also FrED) Vesta/HR Trip. A 32 foot model got great fuel economy for an RV (14 MPG) and had a giant trunk that could handle everything but a whole other vehicle. So not a garage to fiddle in, nor even a small one to keep some motorcycles in, but a HUGE area you can bring everything with you and access from the outside instead of some of that space being inside the RV under the bed.

The Thor is quite successful, they have been making the Outlaw since 2007, with a gas motor instead of the expensive to maintain diesel. LOTS of space in back and if you don't mind the cramped interior quarters, sleeping above the garage, having that much fun space to define what you want to do can be amazing. This year they optioned the garage into a master bedroom and the ramp into an outdoor patio, it's a dreamy setup, unless you will miss the storage. A friend has the outlaw and did the conversion of the garage to a master bedroom herself, but then can remove that furniture at will and put a car in. Lots of them have the washer dryer in the garage, the way god intended. But having a real motorhome interior, like the three I mentioned, that just happen to have huge storage that comes up thru the floor and becomes the platform for the bed is VERY nice.

Good luck.

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Just adding to the confusion when buying...did you see this thread?:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/clas...rs-130973.html

There are several options in this segment and the garage is MUCH more than a garage...becoming a multi-purpose room/office when any toys are unloaded.

There is another option to the Crescendo for a DP in the Travel Supreme:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/clas...ml#post1250918

For new built Class A's, the Canyon Star models (Newmar has 2) and Outlaw (3 Class A floor plans) are the only ones made currently.

This blogging couple works and live in their Class A Toy Hauler:
Thor Outlaw | RV Outlawz

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote