Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #1

Gulfstream main slide

The main living room slide has a ?wear grove on the bottom of the floor, any ides as to what is causing this? I do have problem retracting the slide also, could this be a roller issue? OR? My rig is an "05" Sun Voyager.
hoggem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Not sure what the 05 Sun Voyager use for the system but I have an 04 that the main slide would not come in very easy and it would move out when parked for a length of time. My hydraulic for the slides is the Equalizer System. I contacted the factory and they told me that there was leak by on the valves or cylinder. This would cause the creep out and prevent it from coming in normally. I have it at a dealer and they are replacing the valves and the seals on the cylinders as we speak. I will know in a couple of weeks if this is the issue. Also it sounds like you have a alignment issue the mark in the floor. That can be tricky because the first time I had my adjusted it was wrong and I have a water leak because of it being adjusted wrong. Not sure where you are but call Gulfstream and fine out where a dealer is that has worked on Gulfstream.
belanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #3

It could be a roller or some kind of adjustment. A club member had to replace a roller on his big slide.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:24 AM   #4

slide

How do you change the rollers? Do you have to pull slide to replace? 2002
gulf stream conquest. Can see wear on rollers
beeman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #5

Beeman12: I am not sure how he done it, and I have not seen him in over a year.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggem View Post
The main living room slide has a ?wear grove on the bottom of the floor, any ides as to what is causing this? I do have problem retracting the slide also, could this be a roller issue? OR? My rig is an "05" Sun Voyager.
A lot depends on what type of slide system you have. For front slides GS had 2 types. If it is a flush type that sets flush with main floor when extended. There will not be any rollers. Slide runs on a Nylon strip. It has probably worn over the years to where it slide rubs on floor. If slide is working properly then put something on floor where slide moves across floor. One item to use is Slide Slickers. They work good and protect flooring and carpeting.
If your slide has rollers and sets above main floor. There are rollers on the slide or wall. Slide may have to be removed to replace rollers.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:44 PM   #7

I would suggest a close inspection of that plastic slide bar your slide travels across when extending and detracting. Mine had similar symptoms and it turned out our wear bar was broken. Not an expensive fix, Lippert sells the bar.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #8

eddndee

Thanks, would you tell me where to look and what this bar looks like? did you replace yourself?
Would you have the contact info for Lippert and maybe the part number?

I appreciate your help
hoggem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggem View Post
eddndee

Thanks, would you tell me where to look and what this bar looks like? did you replace yourself?
Would you have the contact info for Lippert and maybe the part number?

I appreciate your help
Coming through the door, with the slide retracted, look at the floor transition from Inside to outside under the slide. Mine is s white plastic flat bar that runs the width of the slide opening. It was broken at the attaching screws. Click image for larger version

Name:	444F5963-27A0-4E7E-B99C-DE2179F61DC6.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	317315

Click image for larger version

Name:	81C581C5-27C4-4DC3-A3E2-8FD2D9FF3122.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	317316
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:34 PM   #10

I have a 2007 GS Yellowstone Country Club 378FRED with what looks like a similar main slide that contains the dinette. The previous owner, my dad, had a problem with the main slide dragging really bad and hard to bring back in. He took it to a "qualified" GS repair facility and was quoted $7000.00 to fix because they didn't have any idea how to fix it. So my dad took it home and examined it and found one of the dinette seat belt bolts had lost it's nut under it and worked it's way up causing the drag. He had to drill a hole through the dinette floor under the seat to get to the bolt and install a new nut. Total cost:.38 cents. Might be worth looking to see if that may be an issue. Good luck.
JJColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #11

Gulf Stream Living Room Slide

Does anyone have the owners/service manual(s) for the main living room slide? I'm thinking mine needs some maintenance, hydraulic fluid change or top off at least.

Thanks
KPMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If floor or slide seals replaced, probably out of adjustment? Rotted wood support possible, o t just loose adjusters?

Tags
gulfstream, slide