Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #29

Gee I be intrested on year and model of your rig RJEV I never had any problems with GS from the start hummmm

Davie Fla
Hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #30

I am pleased to see all the responses to my original post.
I think all manufacturers make both good and bad products and it is the luck of the draw which we take delivery of. That said, I feel the dealer is the most important link in warranty repairs. As in most industries, the manufacturer is depending on the dealer to satisfy the customer. If my Ford car needs repairs, I go to the dealer, not to Ford. If my washer breaks, I contact a local dealer, not whirlpool. But for some reason, I think a lot of us expect the motorhome manufacturer to jump thru hoops for our repair. Some MH manufacturers are better equped for factory service. Tiffin is quite succesful here, but I understand it is a good 6 month wait, plus you need to drive to Red Bay Alabama. I for one expect my dealer to deal with repairs.
It appears most people are happy, as I am, with our Gulfstreams.
My next coach will most likely be yet another GS.

Enjoy your GS's,
Bruce
gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #31
11B

I recived a call yesterday from GS customer service that I found to be interesting. YThe youg lady was delightful and said they were changing the way they hadeled CS.

I think the reason we were called was due to the fact we boufgt a new coach last year. Any way it was nice to see they are taking a hard look at CS and whats going to help make them proffitable during a down cycle.

I told her that the most important they could offer is a great dealer network because I personally will never see the factory doors if my dealer and others are doing thier job.

11B
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #32

had to order a part for pass seat between xmas and new years emailed yesterday to see where it is Cristy at GS emailed me back this morning with tracking numbers and part will be here tommorow ....i have only owned since august 07 but i yet to have ANY problems with GULFSTREAM...I tend to think people like RJEV will not be satisfied no matter what they get...........IMHO
Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #33

I have enjoyed reading all the comments on this forum, and was surprised at how many GS owners there must be considering you all have an area devoted to you! We are owners of a fifth wheel and thought it the only way to go, until a few weeks ago. We were really impressed with the Conquest Endura with the 3 living zones - think it was the 6342 model????? If we ever get to travel more than we do now, we'd love this Class C as we can get an enclosed trailer and take our Corvette along too. I really appreciate all the comments, good and bad, regarding Gulfstream. I tend to agree with one of the members who said the dealer is the real answer to customer service. We are retailers and will jump through hoops to fix and please our customers. I would hope they never would have to contact the manufacturers of our products. In essence, the dealer is the one who best represents the products and can fix the problems....hopefully. Thanks again.
Linda
LindaVA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #34

I am the 3 or 4th owner of our Tourmaster, had about 29,000 miles on it when I got it.
I love the coach, had no problems with any thing other than regular maintaince. Great unit, and have found Gulfstream to be easy to get information from.
Joe & Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Joe & Sharon, welcome to iRV2.com and the Gulf Stream Owners forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on your Tour Master. Tell us more about it, like the year, floor plan and options.
I am sure you will enjoy this website and forum.
Stay safe and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #36
jfb

Our first MH, Class C, was a 1987 Conquest by
GS on an E350 chassis. Frame was extended and springs built up, rode like I would imagine an old prairie schooner. Took it in at 364 days with more coach/body deficiencies than at 30 days. Traded up to a 1988 Allegro class A. What a difference!!!
jfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #37

We had a GS 5th wheel which had a number of problems. Some small and one major. The dealer was helpful but they were limited by GS's lack of concern. We contacted GS customer service, given the run around and after months were offered 1/3 the cost of actual repairs.

One example of our many problems was the wiring for the slide was placed in the slide track and eventually failed. Either poor QC or engineering.

We fixed, at our expense, what could be fixed and purchased a Tiffin MH.

I would never buy anything made by GS.

RJ
RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #38

I have no idea how GS are today but I can tell you they treated me very well on our first class A which we purchased new in 1990.
It had some serious delamination issues right from the the get go that the dealer didn't want any part of. I called Napanee and next thing I know they have someone from the factory at my door in Canada no less.
Long story short, dealer would not allow them to do the repairs in their shop, so GS rented a shop in the area completed the repairs. We owned that coach (Sun Vista) for another 9 years without one single other problem.
So GS are OK in my books, wish I could say the same for some of the other so called high end units we have owned since.
Matt

Mustang convertable toad
Matt Cassels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #39

I've had a few little issues with mine, but nothing like some of the horror stories I have heard here. AND, Gulfstream has taken care of everything under warranty.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #40

I love my coach. Minor problems , but expected on a used coach. Frustrating part is Gulf Stream service or more to the point, lack of service. The latest example is when I called to order the interior trim for the front windows. I was told they do not deal directly with the customer and I would have to go through a RV dealership such as Camping World. Frustrating but I did. The parts have been on order since 2 Dec 2008 and I still do not know when I am going to see them.. Camping World has my money and they tell me Gulf Stream does not return thier calls or when they do they give a timeline weeks away. Service is not there folks. GS needs to understand that customer service must extend beyond the sale and through to the used coach buyers also. If I cannot sell or trade in my present GS coach I won't be able to buy a new one. The present problem may be camping World but I do not believe that since they are keeping me updated on the lack of progress. The original and ongoing problem is Gulf Streams arrogance toward the customer after the sale.
rayhisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I'm one of the "gripers" that DID OWN a new GS. Was a new super "C". Paid $125000.00 for it and it was a piece of junk all but the G.M. KODIAC /DURAMAX/ALLISON. The chassis performed beautifully but the coach was horrible. GS stalled me for 5 months for repair and finally got us in. We were so disappointed with the shoddy workmanship that we traded it for a Newmar class A as soon as they got it roadworthy. Had friends that had a much worse story than ours...their Atrium was so bad that after lawsuit GS gave them a new coach... took them 2 years and $20000.00 in lawer fees though...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #42

A little background. Went from a 36' Titanium 5er which we both liked a lot.
Had a few problems with it but nothing major or that I could not fix.
Got the bug to upgrade (maybe) to a motorhome as two of my brothers have them.
I found a2006, 38' Cresendo 8386 with 14K mile on ebay.This was a Repo. It was only 60 miles away so we went and checked it out. I knew from the start it need some TLC. But we ended up buying it dirt cheap. I have done all the servicing on the coach now and have been through most of it. I can tell you the quality is not as good as our 2002 5er. It's the same as you would expect on a $20,000 dollar pull trailer. this finsih on the wood works it horrible. I will be doing some light sanding and refinishing most of it.
Traveler52 is offline   Reply With Quote