Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #1

I would love to say my 2010 gulfstream SuperMax is aweseome... but

Its a Polished turd. Yep. I said it.

So far over $4k in fixes and over 2K in truck work. And... the catch.. .drumroll... it leaks like a siv... all over.

My advice, never by one. Even if it is a good deal that you pay for for the next 20 years of your life.

Buyers beware.. nough said.
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #2

Sorry for you situation but I'm glad you said it. It's just another one to cross off our 'future purchase' motor home list.

But the true travelers are they who leave for leaving’s sake
Saying continuously, without knowing why: ‘Let us go on’.
Paraphrased from Baudelaire’s ‘The Journey’
thelastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #3

My last post was harsh... I was frustrated, but now getting to the bottom of it.

Update: We are now 2 miles from Gulfstream in Naperneeee, IN. Found out why it leaks, the upper windshield weatherstripping is MIA. Also, the Left Loft window needs to be replaced. Gulfstream is doing the window along with 20 other fixes over the next Month while we are out and about. Some here in Elkhart and the rest will be near Springfield Mass.

You pay good money for a coach, but what you learn after you buy a brand new coach is that hundreds of hands touch each unit during install and there is 1 QA check at the end done by 1 or 2 people. It isn't until you use your unit that you will know of the issues. After all is said and done, there will be over 10,000 in repair work done to my unit.

My advice if you buy a new unit, is USE IT IMMEDIATLY. You will have a year to work out all the issues with the manufacturer. After that, you will continue to have to perform maintenance on your coach as its a rolling house and it will go through an earthquake each time you drive it.

We are now at 6,200 miles and getting 8.75mpg towing a 6k lb brick. I'm actually pretty happy with the drivetrain... and I did confirm with Steve Tobias at gulfstream that there are only 20 of these units out there.

Keep the rubber side down!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to hear you're getting the problems taken care of. It is unfortunate but not unusual for new coaches to have significant problems.

I've always liked the looks of the big Super C's. Hope you enjoy it from here on out.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #5

Yup sounds like a goof stream product. Mine's a real POS also.
I think polished terd is giving them to much credit.

sparky52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #6

NW,
My wife and I are to pickup our 2006 GS G7 (41 ft) MH-DP this weekend. I was able to chat with previous owner before making purchase. He, too, had issues, mostly leaks. After numerous attemps to get fixed locally he ended up filing suit. He then got a call to come to IN for a visit (many expenses paid) at factory. He was very pleased with fix and has been extremely happy sense. Supposily was only trading for business reasons (5-year depreciation). I got a service policy in my trade plus the dealership was once a award winning GS dealeshiper (DS is phasing out MHs). With the confidence & trust I have in the dealership, and the service policy, I'm hoping for the best. Again, previous owner seemed very satistied after initial problems were fixed...and was pleased with service/treatment while at factory.

Hope your experience mirrors his.

Bill aka buck454
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought a previously owned coach. We also bought an extended warranty. Winnebago up until the 2011 models used basement air. The duct work comes out of the unit in the back of the coach and is physically located between the rear fiberglass cap and the outside of the back wall. The duct consists of 1/2" poly foam and is taped with the metallic duct tape and has been subject to a number of failures(seams opening up). It is almost impossible to get at the seams near the top without removing the rear cap. I noticed the seam opened up where I can't reach it. The RV shop quoted me a figure of up to $2000 to take the rear cap off and repair the duct.
I had purchased the extended warranty and my cost was $100. I picked up the coach today. The price of the extended warranty was just a bit more than what the policy just covered.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Steve Tobias is GREAT he has helped me get ALL the missing manuals for 1996.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
We are now at 6,200 miles and getting 8.75mpg towing a 6k lb brick
This might be a big part of your problem. I can see no value in towing a brick that large around the Country. You might be happier towing a vehicle of some kind instead!
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
This might be a big part of your problem. I can see no value in towing a brick that large around the Country. You might be happier towing a vehicle of some kind instead!

Haha... funny guy!

Well all the problems are fixed now. Except for a blinker. Our slides now go 2" further out in bedroom and 1" in the dining room. Finally adjusted correctly after 3 attempts.

Steve was good to work with for sure, met him in Napernee. I am very happy now that the coach is in like new shape as it should be off the lot. Now I'm just rebuilding a rusty step (was like that when purchased) and the coach will be like new.

I think there were 30 list items in total. 3 trips to coach dealers to deal with the coach part and 2 trips to Sterling dealers to fix the rear 3rd member and a fuel sensor in the engine.

One thing that I really love about this coach is that I get 10.5mpg towing the "BRICK". If I didn't have that extra 3 tons, I'd probably be getting 12-13 which is not very common for a 37' coach.

Happy trails!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #11

Still own it, love the rig... but its only got 15k on it... will likely keep it for a long time... however dealing with people at gulf stream is like pulling teeth.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #12

Thumbs up we have had our 2010 for over 2 years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcanopies View Post
Still own it, love the rig... but its only got 15k on it... will likely keep it for a long time... however dealing with people at gulf stream is like pulling teeth.
Do you still own your rig?
jessa is offline   Reply With Quote